Celebrities and social media influencers are joining the #MaskingForAFriend campaign to encourage the wearing of face masks to protect others.
The campaign seeks to spread accurate information about the benefits of masking, particularly for those around us.
Since President Akufo-Addo lifted the ban on restrictions of movement, wearing of face masks has become compulsory for all.
Also, Ghanaians are being urged to adhere strictly to all protocols outlined by the Ghana Health Service to prevent the spread of the virus.
Latest to join the campaign is renowed actress and model, Haillie Sumney.
Taking to social media to endorse the initiative the model wrote “As we start to navigate life beyond the stay-at-home orders, we likely will need to continue to use face masks if we want to prevent continued transmission.
“A mask, alongside frequent handwashing and physical distancing measures, like staying at least 6 feet (2 meters) apart, reduces that risk.”
Meanwhile, actor Elikem Kumordzie through his clothing line has released designer face masks to encourage fans to protect themselves and their friends while staying fashionable.
- Samuel Eto’o filmed brutally kneeing a man in the face after Brazil’s World Cup clash with South Korea
- Photos: Volta Regional NPP Secretary ties knot with Deputy Women’s Organiser
- Bank of Ghana upgrades one cedi coin
- Road toll to be collected electronically – Roads Minister
- We reject debt exchange programme; it will destroy savings of Ghanaians – Pensions Chamber
- Cedi likely to strengthen against dollar amidst debt sustainability outlook
- Debt exchange could land Ghana in very difficult times – Dr. Atuahene
- Government might have over-borrowed – John Kumah admits
- Presidents must have courage to reshuffle their ministers – Kufuor
- Parliament approves 2023 Budget and Economic Policy
- 2022 FIFA WC: Morocco takes charge of the African challenge after dumping Spain
- Public servants are justified in asking for increase in salaries – Minority Leader
- Police secures court remand for three persons involved in gold scam and robbery
- Banda Khalifa: The Manhyia Saga exemplifies a toxic work environment.
- Good Shepherd R/C JHS wins Junior Science and Maths Quiz 2022
- Masantewaa Emporium represents Ghana at Runway Dubai
- Ghana Muslim Mission commissions clinic for residents at Korle-Gonno
- Delay in speech development in children can be genetic – Speech therapist
- Tanzania to spend cash on schools instead of independence day
- Security guard gunned down on Tarkwa-Banso road
- Brosankro-Aprakukrom Murder: Bereaved families appeal to IGP
- Prices of hair extensions up as festive season nears
- Government has not demonstrated ‘we are in this together’ anthem – Titus Beyuo
- You are on your own – John Kumah tells bondholders who reject debt exchange programme
- Playback: PM Express discuss African teams’ performance in 2022 World Cup