A 21-year-old student of Central University Fiadzigbe Erica Delali emerged tops in this year’s Miss UNi International beauty pageant held at the GNAT hall over the weekend.
Catherine Hetcheli-Lawson, a 22-year-old student from Government Secretarial College, finished as the First Runner-up, while Forgive Adzakpa, from the University of Ghana, place third.
On the night, contestants represented the regions they hail from and treated the audience to a rich cultural display.
They also took the cheering audience through a project presentation on how they intend to identify and promote less patronised tourist sites in the country and make them attractive.
It event was graced by the Executive Director of the National Commission on Culture, Janet Nyame; Richardson Fio of the National Commission on Culture; Rev. Ishmael, the CEO of Carefront Travel and Tours.
CEO of MediaBillo organisers of the event, Chris Vuyani, assured the NCC of their readiness to support the queens in their quest to contribute their quota in promoting Ghana’s cultural values and tourism as a whole.
The winner is expected to represent and project Ghana in August at an event in Dubai.
Miss UNi International, an inter-university beauty pageant, is aimed at driving development through tourism and culture.
It was organised under the auspices of MediaBillo in collaboration with the National Commission on Culture Ghana.
- ‘Things to buy for Our Day’ – How a pupil’s petition to his mother became a national emergency
- Our Day list: Oswald’s mother explains why her son mentioned Mrs Appiah
- Police arrest suspected criminals in swoop, retrieve weapons in Kumasi
- I will win hands down even against Asiedu Nketia – Assin North NPP parliamentary candidate
- Our Day list: I have a habit of forgetting, that is why my son wrote a letter – Mother
- Our Day list: Naana Opoku Agyemang pledges iPad Pro to Oswald
- Free SHS: Akufo-Addo hints at more budgetary allocation to education sector to address access and infrastructure
- Collins Dauda faces criminal charges over Saglemi Housing project
- This is my best Our Day – Boy who wrote wishlist to mother
- Parliament approves Kissi Agyebeng for Special Prosecutor
Haruna Iddrisu questions Kissi Agyebeng’s independence as Special Prosecutor
Covid-19: No antigen testing equipment is 100% with sensitivity and specificity – Dr Ayew Afriyie
Alleged phone thief chops off owner’s 4 fingers
Ghana deserves a national cathedral – Razak Opoku
Winners from 1xBet’s Prize Hunt final draw from Ghana received their well-deserved rewards
Our Day List: Photos from Oswald’s new world
Ato Forson alleges government paid GH¢16m for Sputnik V vaccines
Health Ministry receives Antigen test machines and kits for testing Covid-19
Mahama and Lordina celebrate 29th marriage anniversary
I was privileged but not lucky as a child – President of Academic City College
Court of Appeal allows Nii Amanor Dodoo as Unibank Receiver until appeal against High Court ruling is heard
Scarlett Johansson sues Disney over ‘Black Widow’ streaming release
Collins Dauda faces criminal charges over Saglemi Housing project
European Super League: Barcelona, Real Madrid and Juventus ‘will continue with plans’
Health Minister prioritised safety over procedures – Group backs Agyeman-Manu