CH Group Foundation, the CSR wing of the CH Group, has shown its commitment to supporting quality education, by donating buses to Achimota and Mfantsipim Schools.
The schools each received a 30-seater 2020 Toyota Coaster Bus from the Foundation.
Speaking at the handing over ceremony at Cantonments City in Accra, Chief Operating Officer, CH Group, Cynthia Darko Acquaye, said the donation is part of the CH Group’s agenda to assist in transforming Ghana into a hub of world class education in the West African sub region.
She said “at the CH Group, we acknowledge that dominating the world economy requires the requisite human resource and this is anchored firmly on education. That is why we have taken this initiative to support the education sector with the aim of transforming the country into a world class education hub.”
“If the efforts of our forebearers will mean much in the future, we need to invest in the children of today and those of tomorrow. That is why the quality of education is among the biggest perturbations of Africa. As the black star of Africa, an inspirer of hope for the continent, we believe we are well placed to lead an education revolution for the West African sub region by building a hub for World Class education. We believe that this can become a reality if we all work together and play our parts.”
The representatives from the Old Students Associations of both Achimota and Mfantsipim Schools, expressed their gratitude to the CH Group Foundation for the gesture and assured that the buses will be put to great use.
The CH Group Foundation oversees Corporate Social Responsibility for the CH Group and its subsidiaries. The mission of the Foundation is to give back to improve the lives of people living within the communities in which the Group and its subsidiaries work.
- Halt operations in Tano Nimiri Forest Reserve – Lands Ministry tells Chairman ‘Wontumi”s mining company
- Mankessim murder: Accused persons allegedly confess to killing 2 more people
- SIM re-registration: National Security has warned Akufo-Addo against blockage – Deputy Minority Whip
- Police confirm another murder orchestrated by Mankessim suspects
- Banking Sector Clean-up: We should have allowed institutional disciplines to work – Alhassan Andani
- State TV off-air amid gunfire in Burkina Faso
- Video of alleged ‘galamsey’ men in gun battle with authorities emerges on social media
- SIM re-registration: “Eat your humble pie” – Sam George tells Ursula Owusu
- Good Morning America celebrates Ghana as host Robin Roberts explores the country
- British Airways flight A380 makes technical stop at KIA
- UK-based Hendon Golf Club donates to develop juvenile golf in Ghana
- Kuneli releases new single ‘Make I Know’
- ‘A well-deserved honour’ – Bawumia eulogises Dr. Addo Kufuor as new Chancellor of KTU
- Dog owners, breeders to raise 5k doses of anti-rabies vaccine for free vaccination in Ashanti Region
- ECG extends weekend working hours due to vending challenges
- 23 senior high schools attend WiSTEM KNUST Stanbic girls’ camp
- Invest in Africa’s climate adaptation transition – One.Org invites world’s wealthiest countries to support Africa
- Insecurity, self-doubt and fear nearly crushed my dreams but I triumphed – UPSA Law School valedictorian
- I won’t think twice about a Ghana call-up – Salis Abdul Samed
- Directive for Chairman Wontumi’s mining firm to stop work not enough, A-G must step in – OccupyGhana
- Ibrahim Gusau elected Nigeria Football Federation president
- Ghanaian footballer in the US dies in car crash
- Sadiq Abdulai Abu resigns as CEO of 3Music Networks
- I didn’t do music for fame, I wanted to inspire people – Zahara
- 1972 year group of Opoku Ware School refurbishes assembly hall