American artiste Chance The Rapper is once again showing love to Ghana.
During his appearance on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, the rapper performed his 2022 hit single ‘Yah Know’.
In the song, he talks about freedom and advocates for black liberation and educates all listeners about black history across multiple countries.
“Money in one big pile, blueprints in an unzipped file. Akwaaba, medaase, that’s the end of my speech. Tell ’em, “Spread the word from Osu to Kumasi”, this for Dr. Kwame, Selassie and Nnamdi.”
“Tell ’em, “Free the youth or we gon’ free the army”, pray no man can harm me, can’t no man can harm me, I can’t let you starve me, I can’t go out like Gandhi. Bet, say less, bro, we on the way,” he raps.
Midway through Chance The Rapper’s performance, the screen behind him displayed the colours of the Ghana flag.
Sharing his performance on Instagram, the rapper wrote “YAH Know 🇬🇭🇬🇭🇬🇭.”
Watch the performance below:
- Mobile Money transactions in only 2 months of 2023 hit ¢264.1bn
- We would all have sworn to Antoa if my dad was alive – Zanetor Rawlings
- I don’t know – Akufo-Addo on presence or otherwise of Al-Qaeda troops in Ghana
- Kamala Harris urges Ghana’s creditors to help meet debt obligation amid IMF talks
- Speculation that NDC imposed its decision on Minority Caucus is untrue – Sammy Gyamfi
- Popular American filmmaker Spike Lee is in Ghana
- T-Bills auction: sales undersubscribed by 23%; interest rates remain stable
- BoG increases policy rate to 29.5%; loans to remain expensive
- AFCON 2023Q: Osman Bukari salvages point for Black Stars against Angola
- We’re committed to helping Ghana resolve current economic crisis – China assures
- Harris’ visit should accelerate US-Ghana partnerships – Genser
- NDC’s ‘betrayal’ may have been the result of several factors – Dr. Seidu Alidu
- Taking pictures, videos of ballots was not a party directive – Murtala Mohammed
- NDC as a party did not fail Ghanaians – Kofi Adams
- There had been broad consultation, consensus to reject President’s ministerial nominees – Murtala Mohammed
- Israel Laryea is away “on loan” at Influencer Africa
- Patriotism won over partisanship – Annoh-Dompreh on approval of six ministerial nominees
- Playback: PM Express discuss NDCs betrayal
- Fight against galamsey will be won if Akufo-Addo loses power – Kwakye Ofosu
- People fail in life due to their mindset – Motivational speaker
- Become the voice of climate change reporting – Climate Change Fellows urged
- Destination Ghana Global Project announces This Is Africa Festival
- Kamala Harris features Black Sherif, Amaarae on Spotify playlist
- Kwaebibirem United FC to raise funds to support operation of the club
- 9-year-old Fotocopy makes history with two concerts in a day