Audio By Carbonatix
Chelsea have urged fans travelling to Naples for Wednesday's Champions League game to "exercise extreme caution" after two supporters needed hospital treatment.
The Italian city has a long history of cases of away supporters being targeted by Napoli ultras.
"The club is aware of an incident that took place on Tuesday evening in Naples," a Chelsea statement said.
"Two fans are being treated in hospital, having sustained non-life-threatening injuries. The club would like to remind all supporters to exercise extreme caution whilst in the city and take note of the advice shared ahead of this fixture."
Fans on social media claimed Chelsea supporters had been stabbed, but there has been no official confirmation of how the injuries were caused.
Around 2,500 Chelsea supporters have tickets for the game, with fans urged to meet at designated areas so they can travel to the ground by shuttle bus under police escort.
In travel advice that was issued to fans earlier this month, Chelsea said: "During Uefa competition matches, attacks on away fans have sometimes occurred in Naples."
Supporters have been urged not to walk around the city and to avoid wearing club colours or emblems that identify them as Chelsea fans.
Liam Rosenior's side need a win against Napoli at the Stadio Diego Armando Maradona to go directly into the last-16 stage of the Champions League.
Their hosts - Serie A champions last season - are seeking a win to stay in the competition.
Latest Stories
-
Ghana’s tax architecture more data and enforcement driven than any point in modern history – Tax report
2 minutes -
GCB Bank backs Timeline & Innovations LTD with heavy-duty fleet to boost Ghana’s “Big Push” agenda
3 minutes -
Photos: Tunisian Minister of Youth and Sports meets Rugby Africa President Herbert Mensah
13 minutes -
“We’ll charge security officers for murder if anything happens to Abronye DC” – Haruna Mohammed
14 minutes -
Afri-SET holds third regional workshop on Air quality sensors and data analysis for West Africa
28 minutes -
BoG has not abandoned eCedi project – BoG Governor assures
28 minutes -
We are not intervening in the market but building reserves – BoG Governor on cedi pressures
35 minutes -
Supreme Court suit challenges Ghana’s criminal libel and false news laws
35 minutes -
Ghana Immigration Service secures conviction of West African national for using forged document
37 minutes -
Sodzi Sodzi-Tettey: One year of working for John Mahama
42 minutes -
Middle East crisis remains major risk despite strong domestic economy – BoG governor
48 minutes -
Peace Council calls for calm amid rising political tensions
52 minutes -
Arrest to prosecute not persecute – Haruna Mohammed tells NDC government
52 minutes -
Bawumia urges NPP MPs to position party as “government-in-waiting” ahead of 2028 elections
53 minutes -
‘He sold his cow to repay debt’ – How headmistress forced ex-staff to return wrongly paid salary
58 minutes