The main suspect in the killing of a 22-year-old aspiring trainee nurse in Mankessim has been arrested.
The chief who is the Tufuhen of Ekumfi Akwakrom in the Central Region was picked up at his hideout at Akwa Krom in the Ekumfi District.
This was after a pastor confessed to helping him kidnap, kill, and secretly bury the lady.
Mankessim District Police Command arrested Nana Clark Onyaa and had him transferred to the Regional Police Command in Cape Coast to assist in investigations.
The body of Georgina Asor Botchwey was exhumed by the pastor and police investigators on Tuesday in the room of Nana Clark Onyaa, the chief who is the Tufuhen of Ekumfi Akwakrom.
According to sources, the chief, who is also the president of the Mankessim Traders Association, and his accomplice, kidnapped the nurse after engaging in sexual acts with her.
They then killed her and buried her in one of the chief’s apartments.
The pastor was arrested in Cape Coast and admitted to the crime.
He then led the police to the chief’s residence, where the victim’s body was exhumed.
The victim’s body was reportedly buried nearly three weeks ago.
Along with the body, the victim’s bag, shoes, and other possessions were also found at the chief’s house.
- Police arrest man flogging toddler in viral video
- ‘Akufo-Addo must resign; he’s giving us too much headache’ – Kpebu
- Loans to become more expensive as BoG hikes policy rate to 24.5%
- Brother stands in as groom skips wedding to train
- Nigerian singer Teni gifts SHS teacher a car
- BoG dollar auction: Demand outstrips supply by $72.2m as $1 hits ¢10.92
- Social media users impressed with Black Sherif’s ‘The Villain I Never Was’
- Government using IMF as smokescreen to force its ‘austerity budget’ on Ghanaians – Martin Amidu
- Arrest all 3 men – Sonnie Badu tells police after man flogging toddler goes viral
- ‘Forget about votes; call Chairman Wontumi to account’ – Martin Kpebu to Akufo-Addo
- Ghana’s gross reserves fall to 2.9 months of import cover in September 2022
- ICU-Ghana demands immediate cessation of incessant exploitation of labour
- Fistfight breaks out over control of Kenya parliament
- Today’s front pages: Friday, October 7, 2022
- Ghana’s debt stock up ¢9bn to ¢402.4bn in July 2022 – BoG
- ‘ECG has not agreed to any percentages with Hubtel’ – ECG MD
- Court orders CID Boss to provide safety report on alleged bride killers
- There is too much uncertainty in the business environment – Twum Akwaboah
- Deputy Energy Minister, Amin Adam, appointed Board Chairman of New Producers Group
- Increasing monetary policy rate will not reduce inflation – Badu Aboagye
- Austerity is bad for economic growth – Prof. Charles Ackah
- The Central Bank’s policy a measure in the wrong direction – Prof. Charles Ackah
- Akosua Agyapong eulogises mom
- ‘Horrible and terrible’ – German Ambassador on illegal mining
- My vehicle was set ablaze on Samatex premises – Wontumi alleges