A city guard with the Kumasi Metropolitan Assembly (KMA) is alleged to have been stabbed to death in a scuffle with a commercial ‘trotro’ driver and his assistant.
Fifty-year-old Thomas Amakye Yankey, known popularly as Congo Soldier, was stabbed multiple times with a knife on the neck and stomach at the Kejetia Lorry Terminal.
He sustained injuries and later died at the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital (KATH) upon referral from a clinic at Adum.
According to Police sources, the deceased attempted to prevent the driver from loading passengers at an unauthorised place, leading to the brawl.
The driver claims he had been harassed by the deceased on several occasions.
On this occasion, the driver claims the deceased first hit him with an object in the head without provocation.
Congo Soldier was later stabbed.
Sources say the driver was treated and discharged for head injury under Police guard.
The driver and his assistant are in Police custody.
- Former NDA CEO accuses successor of doctoring figures, forging his signature in ¢10m fraud case
- Arise Ghana hits the street today to protest poor economic conditions
- 85% revenue has been lost due to E-Levy – African Network of Entrepreneurs CEO
- Government will withdraw e-levy if it’s not helpful – Kwaku Kwarteng
- Social media users jubilate over E-levy flop
- Jackie Appiah’s home leaves many speechless
- Health Minister submits over 10 documents against Ato Forson in ambulance case
- ‘E-levy not a bad tax; Ghanaians just don’t want to pay taxes’ – Gabby Otchere-Darko
- Arise Ghana appeals High Court ruling on protest
- 28 years of teaching but living on loans – Life of a teacher
10 things emotionally neglected kids grow up believing — that are simply not true
Fidelity Bank records 32% increase in Profit Before Tax
BoG elected Vice Chair of African Financial Inclusion Policy Initiative
Luv FM High School Debate: St. Hubert competes with Opoku Ware
Tear gas fired at Arise Ghana demo
Ghana Post wins International award for Best EMS Customer Care
‘We don’t fix matches at Gold Stars’ – CEO responds to match-fixing allegations
Volta Division One Middle League kicks off
MTN Group climaxes its 21 Days of Y’ello Care Campaign
‘Comparing NDC to NPP is like comparing light and darkness’ – Sam George
Mastercard and Ecobank Group partner to digitise agricultural value chains in Africa￼
Arise Ghana Demo: ‘Step down if you can’t rule Ghana anymore’ – Protesters tell Akufo-Addo
Fidelity Bank wins 5 HESS Awards
Health Minister submits over 10 documents against Ato Forson in ambulance case
A/R: Criminal activities at Meduma on the rise