The Sefwi-Boako District Extension Officer of the Cocoa Health and Extension Division has advised cocoa farmers, especially farmers within the Boako District to prioritise the cocoa pruning exercise implemented by the COCOBOD.
Mr Richard Atta Adusei indicated that any farmer who did not patronise the cocoa pruning exercise would not be given agro-chemicals this year.
Mr Atta Adusei said this in an interview with the Ghana News Agency on the success of the pruning programme in the Boako District.
He added that the district last year pruned about 12,716 hectares of cocoa farms, with 11, 823 farmers benefitting from the share of agrochemicals.
He, lauded the programme, noting that with the support of technical officers, they would achieve a hundred percent target this year.
Mr Adusei cautioned that farmers who would not allow their farms to be pruned would also not benefit from the cocoa mass spraying exercise.
“This year, we will give out agrochemicals based on the cocoa management system implemented last year and will also be doing a mop up this year,” he said.
Mr Adusei, therefore, appealed to farmers to adhere to advice from technical officers to improve upon their production.
- 3 die, 8 go blind as FDA cautions against certain eyedrop brands
- Parliament approves all six ministerial nominees
- Minority MPs oppose approval of 2 Supreme Court Justice nominees
- Akufo-Addo laughs over Volta Regional Minister’s new nickname- ‘Triple 66’
- Playback: MPs voting on approval of Akufo-Addo’s ministerial appointees
- ‘I’ll direct that your hand be cut off one day’ – Speaker teases Afenyo-Markin
- We’ve had positive talks with China over $1.7bn debt – Finance Minister
- Government makes additional payment for outstanding coupons
- I am not ready to die – Bagbin says as he calls for adjournment of prolonged sitting
- Cedi depreciates by 22.1% in March 2023 – BoG
- Traitor NDC MPs must do some serious soul-searching and learn to be nationalistic – Mahama
- Paul Rusesabagina: Hotel Rwanda hero set free
- I am disappointed with NDC MP’s betrayal to pass 6 NPP ministers – Mahama
- NDC Parliamentary primaries: 3 incumbent MPs go unopposed in Northern region
- GAEC launches ‘Cassava Week’ celebration
- Livestream: Newsfile discusses EC’s 3 new members’ swearing-in, presidency galamsey allegations and true state of the nation
- Chris Hughton told me Baba Yara pitch is one of the best he’s seen – NSA Boss
- U23 AFCON 2023Q: Black Meteors held to 1-1 draw in Algeria
- Apostle Cephas Quarshie welcomes US Vice President Kamala Harris to Ghana
- Principal fired after Florida students shown Michelangelo statue
- Vatican returns Parthenon sculptures to Greece
- Chad nationalises assets belonging to Exxon Mobile
- NPP Bono Regional Organizer supports TESCON with 200k
- Mbappe scores in France heavy win over Netherlands
- This woman left her AirPods on a plane. She tracked them to an airport worker’s home