Nigerian musician Davido has offered to give a Ghanaian senior high school (SHS) graduate a full scholarship to pursue a university degree.
In a post on Twitter, he revealed that the student, Suleyman Morro, has been given a full scholarship at Adeleke University, with accommodation and allowance inclusive.
The singer’s father established the University to assist less privileged students in obtaining a quality higher education.
It is located in Ede, a town in the Osun State in Southwestern Nigeria.
Davido tweeted, “we have contacted Suleyman, who lives in Ghana, and he has been given a full 4/5 year scholarship to Adeleke university; accommodation and allowance included! God bless y’all (sic).”
We have contacted Suleyman who lives in Ghana and he has been given a full 4/5 year scholarship to Adeleke university .. accommodation and allowance included ! God bless y’all .. #wrblo pic.twitter.com/13teW8YIUk— Davido (@davido) June 22, 2022
This comes after one Nana Yaw sought help for Suleyman Morro, who attended Sunyani Senior High School, on Twitter.
On June 19, he shared the boy’s WASSCE results on his page and tagged popular broadcaster Nana Aba Anamoah. The student’s result showed he aced his exam, attaining A1s for all subjects.
“Happy Birthday, @thenanaaba God richly blesses you. I would want you to use this occasion to bless this brilliant boy with the numerous blessings God has been using you to bless people. He was the best student at Sunyani SHS in 2021, but due to financial constraints, he’s still at home,” Nana Yaw wrote.
Happy Birthday, @thenanaaba God richly blesses you— Nana Yaw (@CYAmponsah) June 19, 2022
I wld want you to use this occasion to bless this brilliant boy with the numerous blessings God has been using you to bless people. He was the best stdt at Sunyani SHS in 2021 but due to financial constraints, he’s still at home pic.twitter.com/OHOB2oYsl5
After his post, one popular news website in Nigeria published the story.
In the early morning of June 22, Davido took a screenshot of the report and asked his Twitter followers to help him locate the young boy.
Please locate him for me pic.twitter.com/DzVwRhrkCq— Davido (@davido) June 22, 2022
Later in the day, he announced that he had gotten in touch with Suleyman Morro, who lives in Ghana.
Nana Yaw, who first made the post, thanked Davido for the opportunity, adding, “God bless you.”
- Ghanaians among dozens sentenced for their roles in Atlanta-based $30m fraud and money laundering operation
- Energy sector debt major contributor of Ghana’s debt unsustainability – World Bank Rep
- Ghana beat Nigeria in final to win inaugural WAFU B U-20 Girls’ Cup
- Former DCE for Nkwanta South laid to rest
- Let us commemorate June 4 Uprising with utmost respect and gratitude – Mahama
- Utah primary schools ban Bible for ‘vulgarity and violence’
- NPP flagbearer race: It will be difficult asking aspirants to sacrifice for another – Joseph Kpemka
- Labour unions request time to mull $2.7bn pension fund restructuring offer
- Ghanaians must speak up against corruption – MFWA
- Woman, 55, killed by hit-and-run driver on Asukawkaw-Dambai highway
- CEM Ability Village: Transforming lives of PWDs through a strategic and long-term solution
- Parents clash in Pride protest at US primary school
- Gender Ministry collaborates with DVLA to provide licenses for persons with disability
- Assin North by-election: NDC accuses NPP, EC of plotting to insert an unqualified candidate’s name in voters register
- Two police officers injured as ghetto boys escape with handcuffs during arrest at Gomoa Nyanyano
- Voltaian Basin Project is the hope of Nothern region and future of Ghana says Yaa Naa
- Civil Service honours Matthew Opoku Prempeh for his ‘outstanding leadership’
- NPA impounds 181,000 litres of crude oil and diesel in Western Region
- School Feeding Programme: Caterers’ arrears from third term of 2022 academic year to be paid next week – Gender Minister
- Government’s initiatives towards youth development ineffective – Dr Zanetor Rawlings
- Theresa Poku of OHU Farms celebrated at Women Icons event in Koforidua
- Messages with a sense of urgency for you to act often a scam – Fraud investigation specialist
- Daboya unrest: 49 suspects granted bail, others to appear in court on Monday
- ECOWAS Court awards 50m CFA against Burkina Faso for unlawful retirement of civil servant
- Playback: The Law discuss tips to avoid falling victim to cyber scams