A group in the Asante Region which identifies itself as the Concerned Youth of Asante, led by Nana Agyenim Boateng have cautioned the National Patriotic Party (NPP) not to neglect the needs of the Region.
They asked President Akufo-Addo to consider the volume of votes it gets in the Region and measure that against the developmental projects undertaken in there.
“When we look at the volume of votes we gave to Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo vis-a-vis development, it doesn’t correlate. It’s been almost four years, we want them to pinpoint physical projects initiated in our region” he said
The group went on to compare the projects of former President John Mahama during his tenure as president to that of President Akuffo Addo.
“It took John Mahama less that three years to build Kejetia, constructing military hospitals and community schools at Asanteman and yet we don’t vote for the National Democratic Congress in the Asante Region” he added
The group bemoaned the action of the NPP and demanded more than empty promises.
“To him whom much is given, much is highly expected. If you recall in 2017 Ken Ofori Atta, the current finance minister, read a budget in Parliament that there were coming to construct various interchanges in the Asante region. But they didn’t do it,” he said
The group is relentlessly pushing forward for a positive response from the party, and will not rest on their laurels until change happens.
- #FixTheCountry agitators have no leaders – Barker-Vormawor
- Wesley Girls’ SHS ‘no fasting” policy, strictly for health reasons – Old students
- 5 feared dead, 15 injured in accident on Accra-Tema motorway
- ‘FixTheCountry’: Don’t use Covid-19 to suppress peaceful assembly – Sammy Gyamfi
- Ramadan: UDS Dean of Education condemns Wesley Girls SHS management
- Companies continue to export rosewood to China despite ban – Inusah Fuseini
- Over 200 police personnel deployed to enforce mining directives across Ghana
- Why I rejected over ¢700k bribe – Anti-galamsey taskforce member
- Ghana’s 4x100m men’s relay team set to pitch camp in Europe ahead of Olympics
- Ramadan: Exercise restraint and circumspection in your comments – Peace Council to all stakeholders
Far from silence, we suffer a culture of noise – Elizabeth Ohene
Seatbelt has saved me 3 times – Alban Bagbin
Nigeria kidnappers free 27 college students
Zulu Kingship: Royals and rebels fight for throne
Election 2020: EC saved Ghana $90m as compared to 2016 election – Bossman Asare
Pupils in Adaklu admonished to utilise ultramodern ICT lab to develop skill
Lady Gaga’s dognappers apprehended
Otumfuo charges Housing Minister to work towards ending perennial floods
Today’s front pages: Thursday, May 6, 2021
5 feared dead, 15 injured in accident on Accra-Tema motorway
Elizabeth Ohene: Culture of noise
NSMQ 2021: Presec, Achimota, Chemu and Odorgonno SHS battle for Greater Accra Regional Championship title
#FixTheCountry protest a wake-up call – Political Scientist
GRIDco announces disruption in flow of vehicular traffic on Tetteh-Quarshie – Koforidua highway
House of Chiefs President supports burning of mining equipment in forest reserves