Radio and Television host Doreen Avio has been announced Female On Air Personality at the just ended Moreklue All Youth African (MAYA) Awards.
She beat other popularly presenters including Emcee RNB, Melody, Jennifer Ibrahim, Adom FM’s Maame Afua Boatemaa, Michael Erumaka, Tabitarrh, Charles Born, Joan Ngomba, Pearl Candy and others to win.
This comes some months after she took home the Best female television personality award at the Nollywood Entertainment And Leadership Awards (Nelas) held in the United Kingdom.
It also followers her honorary award for the ‘Best Achiever in Radio’ at the Feminine Ghana Achievers event.
The host of Hitz FM’s late afternoon show and Lets Talk Entertainment on JoyNews also doubles as one of the females finest MC.
She has hosted great events in the capital including the MTN Music Festival, Hero Concert, Women Connect Conference and a host of others.
MAYA Awards was created 6 years ago to motivate capacity development and ensure the reward of excellence amongst youth. It also gives the youth more reason to do more for themselves and be extension in society.
Others winners at the MAYA Awards in include Nigeria singer Davido Davido who won the “Best African act 2020” award and his signee Mayorkun took home the “Best Music act 2020” award.
Ghanaian actor Mawuli Gavor won the “Best Actor” award. The event was held in Nigeria.
- Police arrest man flogging toddler in viral video
- Daddy Lumba opens up on being bedridden for over 5 years
- ‘Akufo-Addo must resign; he’s giving us too much headache’ – Kpebu
- Loans to become more expensive as BoG hikes policy rate to 24.5%
- Government increases cocoa price by 21% to ¢800 a bag
- Black Sherif releases ‘The Villain I Never Was’
- Ghana’s debt to GDP is not properly accounted for – Ato Forson
- Nigerian oil export terminal had theft line into sea for 9 years
- Residents of Ashalaja sleep in kiosks as their homes remain flooded
- IMF won’t lend to Ghana if debt levels are unsustainable – Theo Acheampong
- #NoToGalamsey: Failure to deal with ‘galamsey’ could lead to street terrorism – Prof. Gatsi
- AngloGold Ashanti pleased with community support to ward off illegal miners from Obuasi concession
- Nigerian singer Teni gifts SHS teacher a car
- Prosecute Chairman Wontumi, Charles Bissue, others neck-deep in galamsey – NDC to Akufo-Addo
- Cities and Habitats, Ecobank launch ‘Rent to Own Boafo) home ownership package
- A-G advises Interior Ministry to compensate Ejura shooting victims
- GEPA optimistic of achieving 2029 NTES revenue target of $25.3bn
- Two health institutions in UK award £10 million to fight non-communicable diseases in West Africa
- Parliament warns Herald Editor to cease exposés on controversial GNPC/Genser Energy contract
- Cardiovascular diseases on the rise in Ghana; access to healthcare still a challenge – Report
- Power supply was curtailed to Weija, adjourning communities due to flood – ECG
- Nigeria Plans 15% Increase in Borrowing to Fund Record Deficit
- Government running Ghana as “a satellite state of international capital” – Martin Amidu
- Playback: NDC holds presser on illegal mining
- Daniel Afriyie Barnieh to run down Hearts contract as he rejects new deal