Ethiopian security forces said they have detained 76 people suspected of instigating violence on Monday against Muslims who had gathered in the capital, Addis Ababa.
Police used tear gas to disperse crowds during the incident but there were no reports of casualties.
Tens of thousands were attending Eid prayers in the city’s main stadium when violence broke out.
The incident came after days of growing tension between Muslims and Christians in parts of the country after 20 Muslims were killed while attending a funeral last week in the northern part of the country.
- World Bank classifies Ghana as high debt distressed country; debt to GDP to hit 104%
- In pictures: Hundreds rendered homeless at Ashalaja
- While others mocked me, Seidu Agongo offered to help – Kofi Amoabeng
- Scores of residents displaced, others trapped as Weija, Oblogo and Tetegu flood
- ‘Suck a breast within October’ – Health expert advises men
- ‘I have unfinished business with Black Stars’ – Milovan Rajevac
- Police on manhunt for man flogging toddler in viral video
- Child Rights International places ¢10k bounty on head of man flogging toddler in viral video
- Pay compensation to affected customers – PURC orders ECG
- President’s son loses army post after Twitter spree
- ‘Kotoko and Hearts of Oak collapsed fund meant to support Ghanaian clubs in Africa’- Nyantakyi
- Understanding the Fundamentals of Financial Wellbeing as a Catalyst for Personal Growth
- Imbibe discipline in your field of work – International Advertising Association
- BET Hip Hop Awards 2022: The complete list of winners
- ‘Galamsey’ poses an existential threat to our future – Akufo-Addo
- Angelina Jolie accuses Brad Pitt of abuse on private plane
- Use your political persuasions as platforms to act as change agents – Prof Sraku-Lartey to youth
- ECG prepaid vending system 99% restored in Volta Region
- Ukraine war: Russia warns US of direct military clash risk
- Help take partisanship out of galamsey fight – Akufo-Addo to National House of Chiefs
- Green Edition of ‘Rhythms on Da Runway 2022’ launched
- ‘I sold my mansion for me not to get broke’ – Kofi Amoabeng
- Ekow Blankson’s last video goes viral on social media
- Africa needs a plan to win World Cup – Asamoah Gyan
- Playback: Akufo-Addo meets House of Chiefs and MMDCEs over galamsey in Kumasi