The Asamankese Circuit Court has sentenced a driver’s mate to 60 days imprisonment for stealing three bunches of plantain valued at ¢60 from the residence of Cynthia Blogogee, a judge at the Asamankese District Magistrate Court.
Moro Bashiru, 29, will serve the sentence in hard labour.
He was convicted after he pleaded guilty to stealing when he appeared before Abass Abubakari Adams.
The prosecutor, Sargeant Joseph Boamah, said the complainant is a pharmacy assistant who lived in a bungalow opposite the judge’s residence.
According to him, on October 21, at about 2:00pm, the complainant was in his residence when he spotted the convict harvesting some plantain in the judge’s backyard garden.
He said the complainant sneaked in his direction and apprehended the convict for harvesting three bunches of plantain.
He was whisked to the police station by the complainant for an official complaint.
Subsequently, the police conducted their investigations and the accused was charged with stealing and arraigned for prosecution.
- MP for Kumawu, Philip Basoah is dead
- I don’t know – Akufo-Addo on presence or otherwise of Al-Qaeda troops in Ghana
- Kamala Harris urges Ghana’s creditors to help meet debt obligation amid IMF talks
- Gold Mafia: Ghana’s Millennium Excellence Awards awarded renowned gold smuggler for ‘Lifetime Africa Achievement’ in 2012
- Gold Mafia: Gold smuggler sneaks $40 million worth of gold out of Ghana every month
- BoG increases policy rate to 29.5%; loans to remain expensive
- AFCON 2023Q: Osman Bukari salvages point for Black Stars against Angola
- The 3 MPs who missed out on voting during approval of ministerial nominees
- Substantial elements of Anti-LGBTQ bill have been modified – Akufo-Addo
- Debt servicing relief: China pledges to support Ghana
- Ho Teaching Hospital, other health facilities owe ECG GH₵8.9 million
- Black Stars: 5 things we learned from the two games against Angola
- Tems, Wizkid win at iHeart Radio Awards
- Speaker Alban Bagbin installed new sub-Chief of Awudome
- Employment Ministry cautions public against recruitment scam
- Angélique Kidjo says the Grammys ‘need diversity’
- Billionaire’s son admits role in death to BBC
- Playback: Kamala Harris addressed Ghanaians from Black Star Square
- VGMA 2023: Kwabena Kwabena didn’t file for nominations – Manager
- US partnership with Africa is for mutual benefits – Kamala Harris
- ‘Why approve the man who caused me such pain?’ Sam George questions Minority MP colleagues
- Ecozoil educates Azizanya community on importance of life jackets
- Creed III actor Jonathan Majors charged with assault and harassment
- Cape Coast residents upbeat about Kamala Harris’ visit
- ICGC commended for sustained effort in bringing mental health issues to spotlight