The Drivers and Vehicle License Authority says the Range Rover gifted popular broadcaster, Nana Aba Anamoah on her birthday is not registered with it.
Their comment comes days after some Ghanaians decided to check the validity of Nana Aba’s license plate number GR 2050 – 20 and in extension, if the vehicle truly belonged to her via the shortcode *920*57#.
The number on the license plate turned out to be a registered to another vehicle, a Nissan Rogue, not the journalist’s Range Rover.
On Monday June 22, a photo of a Nissan Rogue with the number plate popped up online which prompted a response from the DVLA.
According to DVLA, checks conducted show that the GR 2050-20 number is indeed registered to the Nissan Rogue vehicle.
“Checks in the system indicate that the Black Range Rover has not been registered.
“The authority wishes to remind vehicle owners and the general public that a person shall not drive a motor vehicle or trailer unless it is registered,” the Authority said in a statement copied to JoyNews.
The Authority added that it has commenced investigation into why the two vehicles have the same licence plate number.
“We, however, urge the owner of the Range Rover SUV to visit any of our offices to regularize the process for a genuine registration number plate.”
- 3 ECG employees charged for stealing ¢2.1m prepaid credits
- Yul Edochie and wife May lose first son
- No one from Ghana’s film industry approached me while I was here – Spike Lee
- Martin Amidu on Anas: ‘Genuine anti-corruption crusaders don’t hide behind masks’
- Power outages imminent as Ghana Gas shuts down Atuabo gas processing plant from April 1
- Davido confirms he’s married to Chioma
- Parliamentary committee recommends passage of controversial Anti-LGBTQ bill
- Ambulance case: Court orders Ato Forson to open defence
- Political appointees at Presidency increases to 361
- Ashanti NDC refutes allegations of wearing military uniforms on campaign tour
- Beige Bank collapse: Witness accuses Nyinaku of taking bank’s US$200,000 illegally
- Green Sports Academy wishes Isaac Dogboe well ahead of WBO featherweight title fight
- Dogboe v Ramirez – Dogboe’ s trainer chasing history
- Donald Trump indictment: Ex-US president to be charged over hush money
- WMO retires deadly cyclone Fiona and Ian from list of names
- 5 member committee investigating Kejetia Market fire starts with fact-finding mission
- UBA Ghana holds first quarter ‘Jogging To Bond’
- Playback: PM Express discuss how to restore capital market after DDEP
- Kuami Eugene offers budding musicians tips for Joy Prime’s ‘Cues & Lyrics’ audition
- Mercy Chinwo threatens musician with ₦2bn lawsuit after he used her name in song
- Mastercard Foundation Health Collaborative allocates $1 million for prospective entrepreneurs
- We’ll pay outstanding debt despite inheriting it – Electrochem
- Lawyer for Jonathan Majors shares alleged texts from woman involved in actor’s assault arrest
- Inaki is not scoring for Ghana because he plays with a No.10 who loves to score – Ignatius Osei Fosu
- Desist from gifting out cedi bouquets, hampers; it is illegal – BoG warns