Ecobank is a headline sponsor of this year’s Boma of Africa event marking the African Union’s (AU) ‘Africa Integration Day.’
This sponsorship signifies Ecobank’s support for the AfCFTA Hub initiative.
The Africa Integration Day concept was instituted by the AU Heads of State to herald a new phase of pan-Africanism defined by concerted efforts at creating a Single Continental Market through undertakings such as the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA).
The Boma event shall be convened on July 8, 2022, to take stock of progress made towards the AU’s Agenda 2063.
The three-point agenda will see major announcements such as the launch of an African Vaccine Passport, the eHealth backbone and a continental Digital Trading Corridor intended to transform the AfCFTA into the world’s most innovative and technologically-enhanced trading alliance.
Ecobank’s sponsorship of the Boma event demonstrates the Bank’s strong support for the ideals of the AfCFTA Hub concept and emphasises equipping SMEs and startups with digital and other innovative tools to enhance their AfCFTA-readiness.
Present at the event in addition to several African Heads of State will be top political leaders of the United States, the European Union and Asia.
Also confirmed are Chief Executives of Fortune 500 companies and leading global thought leaders.
The Boma of Africa is curated by the African Union and AfroChampions under the terms of their strategic partnership and sponsored by the AfCFTA Hub Network and the continental private sector.
- Apart from some senior players, no one is guaranteed a place – Andre Ayew on Ghana’s World Cup squad
- Government to face difficult refinancing options in repaying maturing T-Bills – Report
- We won’t recognise Ghanaian doctors trained in war-hit Ukraine – Medical and Dental Council
- Ghana’s programme will focus heavily on debt sustainability – IMF
- We must build on second half performance against Brazil – Inaki Williams
- Smugglers Paradise: GRA to investigate how custom officials aided in oil smuggling
- Nico Williams comments on Inaki’s decision to play for Ghana
- I will choose Mahama over Akufo-Addo – Kumchacha
- Government currently has zero equity interest in AngloGold Ashanti – Sam Jonah
- Release incarcerated KNUST students – Katanga Hall Alumni Association
- Ghana re-affirms position to leave no one digitally behind – Communications Minister
- Samuel Boadu leaves Hearts of Oak by mutual termination
- YEA organises retreat to strategise for 2023 working year
- Energy Minister promotes Ghana’s offshore oil blocks to investors in USA
- Too early to speculate on debt restructuring – IMF
- Microsoft strengthens partnership with AfDB to fast-track youth entrepreneurship in Africa
- GIJ holds inter-faculty lecture to promote research
- Why Black Stars will need to avoid complacency against Nicaragua
- Challenging Heights rescues 24 more children from human trafficking
- Abuse of social media becoming a pervasive threat to democracy – Ayorkor Botchwey
- Aisha Huang trial: We need to take a strong stance against illegal mining – Judge
- Aisha Huang denied bail again as judge calls on judiciary to help save water bodies
- African Union: Peace and Security Commissioner Bankole Adeoye blasts his staff
- Kirani Ayat calls out Akufo-Addo, Tourism Ministry after promo video featured shots from his ‘Guda’ visuals
- Ketu South residents protest impact of salt mining company on the community