The founder and president of IMANI Africa, Franklin Cudjoe has described the Electoral Commission (EC’s) publication of the voter’s register in the form of a google document as irresponsible and absurd.
He said the explanation by Chairperson Jean Mensah for the action is unacceptable.
“Everything you’ve heard from the EC boss is a cantata of a lot of amateurish errors,” he told Daniel Dadzie on Prime Morning, Wednesday.
The EC Chair has stated in an interaction with journalists that the publication, which has been heavily criticised as being a breach of voters’ privacy, was done in accordance with electoral law.
But Mr Cudjoe disagrees saying it was a poor application of the law.
“The fact that the law gives you right to publish names does not mean that you should use the least of all the technology that could be accessed by just everybody in any part of the world and just dump the data there.
“I knew this EC was incompetent but I didn’t realise they were irresponsible as well.
“I asked my team that we should just stop talking about the EC but we couldn’t help it when we just realised that they had gone on the lowest depth of absurdity in order to publish this critical data.”
- MTN FA Cup wrap: AshGold breeze into semis, Hearts survive late scare
- Ghana surpasses 100K Covid-19 infections as third-wave gathers momentum
- Akufo-Addo to address the nation as Covid-19 cases hit 100k
- Suspected highway robber gunned down in cross-fire with Police
- Anti-LGBT Bill: Let us create gay prisons as well – Researcher fumes
- He was a father for all – John Mahama eulogises Prof Atta Mills at 9th wreath laying ceremony
- Third Navarrete fight a possibility-Isaac Dogboe
- Olympic football: South Africa lose 7 – goal thriller to France, Ivory Coast hold Brazil, Egypt lose to Argentina
- I am honoured and humbled by deputy Communications Director appointment – Jefferson Sackey
- Playback: The Law discusses anti-LGBT bill and threats of stifling free speech
Decline in wearing face masks in public extremely troubling – Akufo-Addo
It appears Ghana is experiencing a third wave of Covid-19 – Akufo-Addo
Government commits $25million to establish National Vaccine Institute for local manufacture – Akufo-Addo
Covid-19: Akufo-Addo updates guidelines for funerals and weddings amid fears of third wave
Full Text: Akufo-Addo’s 26th address on measures to deal with Covid-19 pandemic
Playback: The Probe discusses Covid-19 third wave
Ghana to receive over 18million Covid-19 vaccines in third quarter of the year – Akufo-Addo
Playback: Akufo-Addo’s 26th address to the nation as Covid-19 cases hit 100k
Pope John Old Boys Association holds career clinic for students
I can’t fault the Speaker for encouraging anti-LGBTQ bill – Researcher at University of Johannesburg
MTN FA Cup: Kotoko knocked out, Medeama secure ticket to Africa after progressing to semis
Photos: 9th wreath-laying ceremony for late John Evans Atta-Mills
Murdered momo vendor buried as family calls for investigations
I am honoured and humbled by deputy Communications Director appointment – Jefferson Sackey
Anti-LGBT Bill: All justification in support are not grounded in science – Researcher