The court hearing the case in which three persons accused of the murder of social media activist, Ibrahim Mohammed, aka ‘Kaaka Macho’, has adjourned proceedings to September, 7.
The suspects are, Issakar Ibrahim, also known as, Anyas, Fuseini Alhassan and Iddi Mohammed.
The Court, presided by Her Worship, Akua Adu Boahen, adjourned the case subsequent to a plea by Chief Superintendent of Police, Kofi Blagodzi, the prosecutor.
Chief Superintendent Kofi Blagodzi later told journalists that the adjournment, will enable the A-G’s office to peruse and advise on the case accordingly.
“It has been adjourned to 7th September. We forwarded the duplicate docket to the Attorney-General’s office. They will make their input. They will peruse the docket and advise accordingly. And as we indicated to the Court, we’ve forwarded the docket to the A-G’s office, so definitely, the A-G has to peruse the docket, advise on it and we see the way forward;” Chief Superintendent Blagodzi said.
The court, presided by Her Worship Akua Adu Boahen, therefore adjourned the case to September 7, 2021. This is the third time the case has been adjourned.
Issakar Ibrahim, also known as, Anyas, Fuseini Alhassan and Iddi Mohammed, were remanded after their maiden court appearance on July 2, 2021.
They were remanded into Police custody, again on July 22, 2021 to reappear on August 12, 2021.
Meanwhile, relatives of three accused persons were disappointed because they lost the opportunity to catch a glimpse of their loved ones.
The relatives anxiously waited at the Asokwa District Court complex for the arrival of the three on Thursday, August 12. However, unbeknownst to them, the Prosecutor had asked for the case to be adjourned.
The Court did not wait for the arrival of the suspects before adjourning the case. This is because, the accused persons delayed in arriving for Thursday’s hearing.
Mr Blagodzi explained that they were on their way, but because the docket had been referred to the Attorney-General’s office, the case was adjourned.
- Fact-check: Did the NPP promise to build a harbour in Cape Coast?
- ‘I never promised to build a harbour in Cape Coast’ – Akufo-Addo
- ‘I’m on the run until this country shows me there are laws’ – Shatta Wale
- ‘God says we should sing a new song’ not plagiarise – Cindy Thompson to take legal actions against offenders
- A flimsy excuse should not be given for denial of a visa to MPs – Sam George calls out Netherlands Ambassador
- We’re investigating Shatta Wale’s shooting claims – Police
- Funny Face threatens to kill his baby mama and commit suicide
- I lied because people were associating me with politics – Cindy Thompson on ‘Awurade Kasa’
- NDC must pass Vote of No Confidence on Mahama – Atta Akyea on 1 million secret ballots claim
- Komenda Sugar Factory: Mahama constructed roof before building foundation – Akufo-Addo
The Big Talent Show Week 3: Contestants dazzle fans with awesome performances in eviction-free week
Liberian President George Weah rewards taxi driver who returned $50k
Four taxi cab robbers jailed 60 years
Prince Yaw Antwi: Homeownership – To build or to buy, the dilemma of the millennial
Finance Minister must account for ¢1.26bn accrued from Price Stabilisation and Recovery Levy
LGBTQ+ Bill: I see no right in life to use ‘exits as entries’ – Mikki Osei Berko
Blackmail: Fans react as alleged intimate video of Tiwa Savage, lover surfaces
Seaweed smothering beaches along the coast of Western Region
Government will not scrap taxes and levies imposed on petroleum products – Deputy Energy Minister
Cut taxes further on petroleum price build-up – Government told
Why Samini thinks IGP won’t be laughing at Shatta Wale’s expensive joke
Jude Bellingham: The teenager at the forefront of England’s future
Tributes pour in for former US secretary Colin Powell
‘Krom ay3she, scrap taxes on fuel’- NDC to Akufo-Addo
Soldiers demanded ¢50k to embark on coup – Witness