Audio By Carbonatix
The Electoral Commission (EC) has destroyed all defective presidential and parliamentary ballot papers printed for the Volta and Ahafo Regions.
The destruction took place on Thursday, November 21, under the supervision of political parties, independent observers, the National Intelligence Bureau (NIB), and the Police Service.

The move follows the EC's announcement, through its Deputy Chair of Operations, Samuel Tettey, that incorrect serial numbers had been identified on the ballot papers for these regions, necessitating their reprinting.
Earlier, on Sunday, November 16, the EC successfully burned the scrap, excesses, and plates used to print the defective ballot papers.
Speaking to the media, the Deputy Director of Research, Monitoring and Evaluation at the EC, Fred Tetteh, emphasised that the destruction was necessary to preserve the integrity of the electoral process.
“We came here for a purpose, an exercise that we made you aware of. And at this point, you can testify to the fact that the ballot papers that the Commission discarded based on defects have been destroyed," he said.

He reassured the public that only properly printed ballot papers would be used for the December elections, with some already dispatched to the regions.
“The Electoral Commission is going to use the ballot papers that are going to be printed, which have been printed, some have been sent to the regions - that’s what we are going to use for the December elections,” Mr Tetteh added.
Mr Tettey clarified that the exercise was not intended to favour or disadvantage any political party, noting that representatives from political parties were present to oversee the process.

“I must say that what we've done here was not meant to give advantage or disadvantage to any political party. You were all witnesses to what we did just now," he stated.
In total, 184 bags containing defective presidential ballot papers and 66 containing parliamentary ballot papers for the Volta Region were destroyed.
For the Ahafo Region, 67 bags of presidential ballots and 21 bags of parliamentary ballots were incinerated.

Representatives from the political parties and other observers confirmed the figures and the thoroughness of the process. The parties also signed a certificate of destruction, with copies provided to each party.
With this exercise, the EC aims to reaffirm its commitment to transparency, fairness, and the integrity of the December elections.
Latest Stories
-
Muntaka orders police to crush vigilantism, unauthorised ‘self-defence’ groups
2 hours -
Kingsley Agyemang donates medical equipment, pays patients’ bills at Kyebi Hospital
3 hours -
‘The Big Push is pushing’ – Upper West MPs hail contractors delivering in the region
4 hours -
Dorimon E-Block project nears completion after decade-long stall
4 hours -
GTA 6 leaks – a nightmare or a blip for the biggest video game of the year?
5 hours -
Two injured in stabbing attack at Canada Sikh temple
5 hours -
Modi spent years building his strong image – why is he making Gen Z reels now?
5 hours -
Canada ‘should fight’ as US trade deadline looms, Manitoba premier says
5 hours -
Man Utd agree £70m fee for Brighton’s Baleba
6 hours -
Inter-Agency Football Gala: YEA organize event as part of National Youth Month celebration
6 hours -
Receiver fights High Court order to hand over No.1 Oxford Street Hotel to Cheddar’s company
6 hours -
Partey begins new chapter in Saudi Arabia with Al Shabab
6 hours -
NSMQ 2026: St. Francis Xavier deny debutants Pentecost SHS one-eighth spot
6 hours -
One killed in sword attack at Swedish school
6 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Tamale SHS sweep aside Kalpohin, Wenchi Methodist to reach one-eighth stage
7 hours