The National Theatre of Ghana has outlined activities for the celebrations of its 25th Anniversary.
Executive Director of the theater, Amy Appiah-Frimpong announced the Silver Jubilee celebrations at a press conference on Tuesday.
According to her, activities lined up include theatre productions in all ten regions of Ghana, three major productions by the resident groups, monthly drama programs, renovation works, exhibitions and honoring men and women who have contributed to the progress of the National Theatre.
To further upgrade the status of the state asset, an electronic ticketing portal has been featured on the yet-to-be-launched website of the Theatre.
The e-ticketing system will help check duplication of tickets to maximize profit and also allow event organizers sell tickets months ahead of the program date.
This e-ticketing system was developed by webtickets.com.gh which has its mother organization in South Africa.
Amy Appiah-Frimpong mentioned that the construction of an online payment platform is also underway.
Creative Arts Minister, Catherine Afeku officially launched the Silver Jubilee celebrations.
She congratulated management of the National Theatre for the good work done over the years and expressed government’s commitment to supporting the ‘soul and heart’ of the nation.
Established in 1992, the theatre houses the three resident companies including the National Dance Company, the National Symphony Orchestra, and the National Theatre Players.
The landmark edifice was built by Chinese and offered as a gift to Ghana.
It has a building area of 11,896 square metres (128,050 square feet), and is sited near the junction of the Independence Avenue and Liberia Road.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- MultiChoice clean sweep at Africa TV industry Awards
- Video/Photos: Labadi Beach Hotel picks 3 prestigious awards at 2018 GEM Awards
- I love your hard African face – Medikal tells Fella Makafui
- 2019 Nigerian Election: Musician Banky W joins politics
- Depression is real; seek help – Obour advices fellow musicians
- NGMA: Gifty Osei, Patience Nyarko, Joe Mettle others nominated
- Video: I haven’t quit acting, God’s work taking my time - Majid Michel
- Profanity: We don’t need censorship; it stifles creativity – Rex Omar
- Video: Leave Medikal and Fella Makafui alone – Okyeame Kwame
- Ghanaian-British actor Peter Mensah in Ghana
- Stan Lee: Marvel Comics co-creator dies aged 95
- Impressive dress rehearsal for terrific national Mardi Gras in 2019
- Video: Captain Planet reveals how his dead dog connected him to his wife
- Video: ‘Who is Kwesi Arthur?’ check out his response
- Politics scares me now - Maame Dokono