The National Theatre of Ghana has outlined activities for the celebrations of its 25th Anniversary.
Executive Director of the theater, Amy Appiah-Frimpong announced the Silver Jubilee celebrations at a press conference on Tuesday.
According to her, activities lined up include theatre productions in all ten regions of Ghana, three major productions by the resident groups, monthly drama programs, renovation works, exhibitions and honoring men and women who have contributed to the progress of the National Theatre.
To further upgrade the status of the state asset, an electronic ticketing portal has been featured on the yet-to-be-launched website of the Theatre.
The e-ticketing system will help check duplication of tickets to maximize profit and also allow event organizers sell tickets months ahead of the program date.
This e-ticketing system was developed by webtickets.com.gh which has its mother organization in South Africa.
Amy Appiah-Frimpong mentioned that the construction of an online payment platform is also underway.
Creative Arts Minister, Catherine Afeku officially launched the Silver Jubilee celebrations.
She congratulated management of the National Theatre for the good work done over the years and expressed government’s commitment to supporting the ‘soul and heart’ of the nation.
Established in 1992, the theatre houses the three resident companies including the National Dance Company, the National Symphony Orchestra, and the National Theatre Players.
The landmark edifice was built by Chinese and offered as a gift to Ghana.
It has a building area of 11,896 square metres (128,050 square feet), and is sited near the junction of the Independence Avenue and Liberia Road.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Married life with Annica has been amazing - Okyeame Kwame
- Video: Yvonne Okoro reveals recording sex tape with ex-boyfriend
- I admire Abedi Pele so much – Adina
- Video: Adekunle Gold, Simi release new song to celebrate their wedding
- Daddy Lumba, Kojo Antwi comparison impossible - Okyeame Kwame
- Photos: Ataa Mensah of 'Showcase in Ga' dies at 91
- Video/Photos: Daughters of Glorious Jesus pay courtesy call to Multimedia Group
- Video: I've forgiven my parents for throwing me away when I was born – Don Little
- I'm not bothered by the young ones using my songs - Kojo Antwi
- Video: Women who earn more than their partners abuse them – D Cryme
- Video: Creative Arts has been neglected - Sidney
- Video: I’ll be tagged greedy if I disclose how much I invested with Menzgold – Lil Win
- Celine Dion, Chance pull tracks with R. Kelly
- Rihanna takes father to court in trademark dispute
- #10YearChallenge: Multimedia staffs chime in