Davido, Nigerian star singer has thrown a major shade at the organisers of All Africa Music Awards (AFRIMA).
Davido had on Sunday won two awards – ‘Best Worldwide Act and Best African Act’ – at the 2017 MTV EMAs.
He made history as the first African act to win two EMAs in one night.
However, his rival, Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun aka Wizkid, won all three categories he was nominated for at the 2017 AFRIMA which was held on Sunday at Eko Hotel and Suites in Lagos.
Davido, in his reaction, took to Snapchat to express his disgust.
The artiste mocked the AFRIMA Awards, saying the one he collected last year has peeled off.
He said: “Let those ones keep their awards. That award that peels.”
“Even the ones that I collected last year would have peeled completely.
“My name is David. You can’t play with me and get away with it. 2018, I’m coming for you.”
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Creative arts industry is an orphan - Kwaw Ansah
- Abena crowned Ghana’s Most Beautiful 2018
- Watch: Shatta Wale releases video for ‘My Level’ hit song
- Popular actor narrates how he lived with a ghost for 3 months
- Photos from Kufuor’s 80th birthday celebrations
- Joy FM presents perfect family getaway on Dec 22
- Beyoncé sings at A-list Indian wedding
- Kevin Hart steps down as Oscars host after 3-day controversy
- Hajia 4Real ‘shows boobs’ in King Promise, Wizkid video
- Shatta Wale sabotaging BHIM concert - Stonebwoy
- Buju Banton released from US prison
- Video/Photos: Wendy Shay hosts Farmers' Day edition of AM Show
- Stop disrespecting me - Stonebwoy warns Shatta Wale
- My song more popular than I but I'll catch up - ‘Do The Dance’ singer
- Video: If ‘chaff’ songs work for Shatta Wale, he should continue - Jupitar