Most talked-about female musician, Ebony Reigns, has said that she pays no attention to her critics.
The “Poison’ hit maker believes God is the one behind her success in the music industry. Ebony, for some time now, has been under pressure from Ghanaians. She has come under a barrage of criticisms mainly because of her stage performances and obscene modes of dressing.
Some of her colleague musicians have not been left out in rebuking Ebony for showing too much flesh. But speaking in an interview on Happy FM, Ebony disclosed that she takes no notice of those criticisms.
The ‘Sponsor’ hit maker said she obtains her strength and talent from God, and that is all that matters to her and her career.
Ebony revealed that she is a very spiritual person who does not joke with her spiritual activities aside doing music.
According to her, she takes her daily prayers and payment of tithe seriously; even though she is not regular at church. She refuted claims by some people that she engages the services of fetish priest, what is commonly known as ‘juju’, to boost her career.
Rather, Ebony, who proudly refers to herself as ‘Original 90s Bad Girl’ averred that God is the success behind her career. Therefore, if anyone criticizes her talent, then that person is in effect criticizing God, she added.
She also cleared the air on rumours that she is in the habit of smoking prior to a performance which makes her ‘misbehave’ on stage.
She said “I don’t smoke to perform. God gives me the strength and the crowds cheers help me to perform satisfactorily.” “If you criticize what I do then you don’t believe in God,” Ebony concluded.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Elvis Presley to get US Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Joe Mettle to thrill audience at praise jam thanksgiving
- Boomplay, Universal Music announce distribution partnership for Africa
- Kim Porter, mother to three of Diddy's children, dies aged 47
- Video: I’m not bothered by ‘dumb question’ trolls – Wendy Shay
- 2018 AFRIMA in limbo, organisers to call off Ghana event if gov’t…
- Video: Royal visit was just wrong – Fuse ODG
- Winners of 2018 National Book Awards
- Gov’t to build ultra-modern film studio, set up National Film Authority
- Video: Yaw Siki became born again because of motorway potholes – Criss Waddle
- Video: Kidi is best vocalist in Ghana but he's not on my album – Kuami Eugene
- Video: I’m cool with Shatta Wale, beef was just business – Criss Waddle
- Uncompleted Volta Regional theatre abandoned for 20 yrs
- 8 days of no 'dumsor' shocks Nollywood actor
- MultiChoice clean sweep at Africa TV industry Awards