Strutting out of the Kotoka International Airport, Steve Crown would easily pass for some NBA star with that kind of height.
But what the basketball sport has missed the gospel industry has gained, for Steve Crown is Nigeria's gospel music star whose influence has crossed into Ghana via the internet.
His song 'You are great' is a simplification of great truths preached in powerful lyrics.
And this is one song that will predictably sink men and women onto their feat in Ghana's biggest gospel event, Adom Praiz
And so yes - Crown is here to crown 2017 Adom Praiz.
He wore a white T-shirt inscribed 'Nations will rise'. Prophetic to say the least. The gospel was first preached here in the 1400s. See Ghana now - a nation of God, churches and Christmas.
So at the 14-000 seater Perez Dome in Dzorwulu in Accra, those privileged by a ¢50 ticket will represent the nation rise before God in worship and praise in a way which will make the ticket the 2017 best bargain.
Already Nigerian compatriot Preye Odede and Ghana's veteran Francis Adjei have all flown in for the concert.
And the Ghanaian contingent led by VGMA Artiste of the Year and national darling Joe Mettle has been made complete by Denzel Prempeh, Celestine Donkor, Joyce Blessing.
The Multimedia Choir, the 2017 Adom Praiz underdog has vowed to send out some shocks enough to cement their place as an Adom Praiz constant in subsequent events.
And so in the less than 36 hours, one spot in Ghana will for four hours witness the annual ritual of unpolished praise and unwatered down worship at a place whose center is Jesus Christ.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Jim Iyke enjoys bullying me – Ini Edo
- Harvey Weinstein 'to settle with accusers for $44m'
- M.anifest fights child abuse
- Ebony Reign still reigns as Artiste of the Year after VGMA@20 fiasco
- Video: I'm going to limit the comedy, I'm a father of twins now - Funny Face
- Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale banned indefinitely, stripped of all VGMA 2019 awards
- Shatta Wale withdraws from Ghana Music Awards scheme
- You can be a star today but a criminal tomorrow - Gemann to Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy
- Cardi B postpones concert over plastic surgery woes
- Newly crowned 'Artiste of the Decade' gives artistes lessons on self-control
- Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale plead not guilty, granted ¢50k bail each
- Ex-Doe feels vindicated over Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale brawl
- It will be illogical for me to deliberately ruin VGMA@20 – Shatta Wale
- 3 Wills purportedly written by Aretha Franklin found in her home
- Video: Kofi Kinaata advises against illegal fishing in new song