Ghanaian female dancehall artiste, Grace Kaki Awo Ocansey, better known as Kaakie, says she has not signed to Zylofone Media.
Speaking recently in an interview on Hitz FM, the 'dancehall diva' said that stories circulating on social media about her alleged signing to Zylofon Media are all rumours.
Even though Zylofon Media posted the same picture Kaakie used to announce her departure from Xtra Large Music with the hash tag #NEWWORLD @ KAAKIEGH, the musician denied it and stated that she has not joined the media entity.
She nevertheless, revealed that she will let her fans know whatever she decides to do after her departure from Xtra Large Music.
“It's a rumor. I don't know what to say about that. Whatever the Kaakie brand decides, we are sure to let the fans know about it without anybody asking,” she said.
The ‘Too Much’ songster explained that she left Xtra Large Music, owned by Jam Master Jay, on a positive note and added that, she still respects the label.
She added that most of the reasons for her departure were personal.
“Most of the reasons why I left, were personal and in an as much as I'm no longer with them I still respect them. The most important thing is that we both understand each other,” she said.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Winners of 2018 National Book Awards
- Gov’t to build ultra-modern film studio, set up National Film Authority
- Video: Yaw Siki became born again because of motorway potholes – Criss Waddle
- Video: Kidi is best vocalist in Ghana but he's not on my album – Kuami Eugene
- Video: I’m cool with Shatta Wale, beef was just business – Criss Waddle
- Uncompleted Volta Regional theatre abandoned for 20 yrs
- 8 days of no 'dumsor' shocks Nollywood actor
- MultiChoice clean sweep at Africa TV industry Awards
- Video/Photos: Labadi Beach Hotel picks 3 prestigious awards at 2018 GEM Awards
- I love your hard African face – Medikal tells Fella Makafui
- 2019 Nigerian Election: Musician Banky W joins politics
- Depression is real; seek help – Obour advices fellow musicians
- NGMA: Gifty Osei, Patience Nyarko, Joe Mettle others nominated
- Video: I haven’t quit acting, God’s work taking my time - Majid Michel
- Profanity: We don’t need censorship; it stifles creativity – Rex Omar