The 3rd edition of Nhyira Praise brought together worshippers from Kumasi and other parts of the Ashanti to sing thank their Maker for their lives.
Thousands descended and filled Bantama Christ Apostolic Church auditorium and the entire premises to capacity, as Christian adherents defied a cloudy weather and perhaps fatigue from regular Sunday church services to patronize the evening event.
Top gospel artistes, including Jack Alolome, Ernest Opoku Jnr., Mabel Otchere set Bantama C.A.C. agog with soul-inspiring performances which put patrons on their edge and give them a night to remember.
Excited patrons could not help but suggest the event be organized quarterly to give them regular opportunity for the spiritual exercise.
“I am touched by the Holy Spirit; I could feel the presence of the Holy Spirit. My simple plea is that Nhyira FM would organize this event frequently for Kumasi to come together and praise their maker. Next year is too long to wait,” one patron declared.
Organizers were overwhelmed by patronage and gave a hint they will consider the request of the patrons.
Programmes Director of Nhyira FM, Benjamin Fiifi Ocran, said ‘‘management will consider the feedback from patrons of this very event; nonetheless we are overwhelmed by the massive turnout.”
The 2017 edition of Nhyira Praise may be history now but it will continue to be on the lips of patrons for a long time to come as they anxiously wait for the next one.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Elvis Presley to get US Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Joe Mettle to thrill audience at praise jam thanksgiving
- Boomplay, Universal Music announce distribution partnership for Africa
- Kim Porter, mother to three of Diddy's children, dies aged 47
- Video: I’m not bothered by ‘dumb question’ trolls – Wendy Shay
- 2018 AFRIMA in limbo, organisers to call off Ghana event if gov’t…
- Video: Royal visit was just wrong – Fuse ODG
- Winners of 2018 National Book Awards
- Gov’t to build ultra-modern film studio, set up National Film Authority
- Video: Yaw Siki became born again because of motorway potholes – Criss Waddle
- Video: Kidi is best vocalist in Ghana but he's not on my album – Kuami Eugene
- Video: I’m cool with Shatta Wale, beef was just business – Criss Waddle
- Uncompleted Volta Regional theatre abandoned for 20 yrs
- 8 days of no 'dumsor' shocks Nollywood actor
- MultiChoice clean sweep at Africa TV industry Awards