Award-winning Ghanaian dancehall artiste, Shatta Wale has said he does not consider Nigerian musician Wizkid as a superstar.
Shatta Wale disclosed that he doesn’t see anything extraordinary about Wizkid, and does not understand why people hail him. This, he said, was contrary to the popular notion most of his colleagues have about the artiste.
“We are living a life where upcoming youths are watching people get surprised of my achievement because they don’t have a mind to elevate themselves.
“I don’t see Wizkid to be too much for me but most of my Ghanaians and Ghanaian colleagues see him like that. But I want Wizkid to see me and be like wow not otherwise because what is talking is your pocket, property, investment.
“I don’t see anything extraordinary about him, even though he claims to the be best African artiste.
He further called on Ghanaian artistes to start respecting themselves and stop rating Nigerian artistes high above them.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Don’t marry a woman who cannot cook – Kwesi Arthur's dad to son
- Partnering musicians as a producer is key – Jayso
- First edition of Miss United Continents, Ghana launched
- David Bolton releases visuals for ‘Odo Fofro’ featuring Samini
- Nominees for 2019 Hospitality Awards unveiled
- Musiga elections postponed to July 10
- Absolute Worship comes off July 7
- We need to stop the beef - Strongman Burner
- Media made slay queens popular - Ama K. Abebrese
- ‘Ups and Downs’ not a diss song - Strongman
- BET Awards: Stars pay tribute to Nipsey Hussle
- Rap battle: Medikal vs Strongman, who won?
- 2019 EMY Africa Awards: Full list of Winners
- Class, style, persona; Nat Attoh hosts 3rd EMY Africa Award
- DJ Switch to support Cape Coast school with educational materials