Award-winning Ghanaian dancehall artiste, Shatta Wale has said he does not consider Nigerian musician Wizkid as a superstar.
Shatta Wale disclosed that he doesn’t see anything extraordinary about Wizkid, and does not understand why people hail him. This, he said, was contrary to the popular notion most of his colleagues have about the artiste.
“We are living a life where upcoming youths are watching people get surprised of my achievement because they don’t have a mind to elevate themselves.
“I don’t see Wizkid to be too much for me but most of my Ghanaians and Ghanaian colleagues see him like that. But I want Wizkid to see me and be like wow not otherwise because what is talking is your pocket, property, investment.
“I don’t see anything extraordinary about him, even though he claims to the be best African artiste.
He further called on Ghanaian artistes to start respecting themselves and stop rating Nigerian artistes high above them.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Adom FM Music Chart: Medikal’s Omo Ada still reigns
- Video: Nana Ama McBrown shows off baby girl
- MultiChoice Talent Factory networking portal goes live
- Video: I took injections to bleach my skin for movie roles in Nigeria – Actress
- I do the dishes at home - Adjetey Anang reveals
- Koffi Olomidé guilty of rape of 15-year-old girl
- Inna Patty drags ex-Miss Ghana queens to court for defamation
- Kwaw Kese, D-Black, Patapaa are wack rappers – Tinny
- The club of 8 Ghanaian stars to have entered Billboard Chart in 48 years
- FRA! Band, Kyekyeku & Ghanalogue Highlife to tour Spain after winning ‘Vis a Vis’
- Video: Hitz FM’s DJ Bridash drops visuals for ‘Strong Bond’
- Media professionals to vote for 3Music Awards nominees
- Don’t call me Obrafour again, says veteran hiplife artiste
- Obrafour set to celebrate 20 years of ‘Pae Mu Ka’ album with a concert
- Female celebs benefit more in entertainment industry – Ecow Smith-Asante