Celebrated gospel musician Ohemaa Mercy is full of gratitude to the late Kwadwo Asare Baffour Acheampong popularly known as KABA.
The late presenter, she noted, contributed immensely to her music and ministry.
“He added so much to Ohemaa Mercy’s ministry especially the advice… we are going to miss him a lot,” the singer told Myjoyonline.com after signing the Book of Condolence opened in honour of the astute radio presenter.
“KABA to Ohemaa Mercy’s ministry is something else especially my husband, he is so close to him and he always calls him to give him advice especially with where he wants to see me going,” Ohemaa Mercy revealed.
KABA was pronounced dead on arrival at the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital where he was rushed after he fell sick early Saturday.
He was 37 years. He left behind his wife, Valentina Ofori Agyei, also a broadcaster with Accra-based Class FM and a seven-month-old daughter.
Until his death, KABA was the host of Asempa FM’s flagship afternoon political programme, ‘Ekosii Sen’.
According to Ohemaa Mercy, when they heard the news of the presenter’s passing, “it was a blow to us and we know for a fact that, KABA had so many things he wanted to do…”
KABA, she added, “is one of the promising journalists that I personally believed in so much. His integrity is so much intact.”
“We’ve lost a very promising gentleman,” the ‘Nhyira’ singer grieved and said KABA always wanted her to achieve international success.
Watch the video below:
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video/Photos: Wendy Shay hosts Farmers' Day edition of AM Show
- Stop disrespecting me - Stonebwoy warns Shatta Wale
- My song more popular than I but I'll catch up - ‘Do The Dance’ singer
- Video: If ‘chaff’ songs work for Shatta Wale, he should continue - Jupitar
- Rev Azigiza Jnr’s Citizen Fellowship marks first anniversary
- Video: I’m not happy with NPP; I can choose NDC in 2020 – A-Plus
- R Kelly documentary premiere evacuated after threats
- Nana Tuffour, Kuami Eugene others to headline MTN Music Festival
- Social media users attack Shatta Wale for calling out Akufo-Addo
- Photos: Kufuor unveils Christmas tree at Kempinski Hotel
- Shatta Wale showing buttocks on stage is “disgusting” – Stonebwoy
- Bliss on the Hills: Christmas comes to Kwahu Abetifi Republic
- Israeli Embassy hosts Ghanaian dignitaries at Festival of Lights in Accra
- Akosua Adjepong, alleged accomplice refund ¢55,000 in land deal
- I don’t give out beats for free – Producer Appietus tells musicians