Management and staff of the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital will heave a sigh of relief following the installation of CCTV devices at the Children's block, Child Health Department to augment security.
The Closed-Circuit Television (CCTV) devices will help prevent cases of baby theft, pilfering as well as check irregularities perpetrated by guardians and staff at the health facility.
The kind gesture by Joselyn Canfor-Dumas Foundation (JCD Foundation) followed a request by management earlier this year to actress and media personality, Joselyn Dumas, to help install CCTV cameras in all the wards.
The co-host of ‘Drive Time’ on Joy FM on Friday, facilited the installation of the devices at the wards in the company of some associates.
Professor Lorna Renner, a consultant at the Department of Child Health Department, received the devices on behalf of the Head of Department who was absent during the presentation.
She was grateful to Joselyn Dumas for the immense support while noting that the devices will ensure the safety of children on the wards.
"Children are very vulnerable…someone could take a child away. Workers are sometimes assaulted…This will also deter people from pilfering…The CCTV cameras are really valuable,"/ Professor Renner stressed.
Each ward at the Child Health Department has cameras fixed with a central monitoring point manned by the hospital’s I.T experts.
The media personality was delighted she met the expectations of the hospital’s management and pledged to do more.
Joselyn Dumas also encouraged individuals and groups to offer any kind of support to the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital.
The Joselyn Canfor-Dumas Foundation, among many other charities, continues to finance the education of smart but underprivileged children around the country. It also spearheaded the widely known #Xcholera, an effective campaign organized to eradicate Cholera in Ghana a few years ago.
On New Year’s Day, Monday, January 1, 2018, Joselyn along with the JCD Foundation and family, organised a fun-filled party in collaboration with Think Mahogany Events by Debra Jane for the Children’s/Pediatric Block.
The purpose of the party was to bring the cheers of the festive celebrations to the hospitalized children and their families.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Kwaw Kese, D-Black, Patapaa are wack rappers – Tinny
- The club of 8 Ghanaian stars to have entered Billboard Chart in 48 years
- FRA! Band, Kyekyeku & Ghanalogue Highlife to tour Spain after winning ‘Vis a Vis’
- Video: Hitz FM’s DJ Bridash drops visuals for ‘Strong Bond’
- Media professionals to vote for 3Music Awards nominees
- Don’t call me Obrafour again, says veteran hiplife artiste
- Obrafour set to celebrate 20 years of ‘Pae Mu Ka’ album with a concert
- Female celebs benefit more in entertainment industry – Ecow Smith-Asante
- US-based Ghanaian rapper handed 15-year sentence
- Photos/Video: Lil Win electrifies Adom ‘Kolor Paaty’
- Davido, others escape air mishap
- Michael Jackson's daughter rubbishes claim she attempted suicide
- Nigeria elections: Desmond Elliot wins Surulere1 Constituency
- 'I had breasts': Sam Smith on having liposuction at 12
- Video: Some people held prayer sessions to cast out rap ‘demon’ from me – Eno