Management and staff of the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital will heave a sigh of relief following the installation of CCTV devices at the Children's block, Child Health Department to augment security.
The Closed-Circuit Television (CCTV) devices will help prevent cases of baby theft, pilfering as well as check irregularities perpetrated by guardians and staff at the health facility.
The kind gesture by Joselyn Canfor-Dumas Foundation (JCD Foundation) followed a request by management earlier this year to actress and media personality, Joselyn Dumas, to help install CCTV cameras in all the wards.
The co-host of ‘Drive Time’ on Joy FM on Friday, facilited the installation of the devices at the wards in the company of some associates.
Professor Lorna Renner, a consultant at the Department of Child Health Department, received the devices on behalf of the Head of Department who was absent during the presentation.
She was grateful to Joselyn Dumas for the immense support while noting that the devices will ensure the safety of children on the wards.
"Children are very vulnerable…someone could take a child away. Workers are sometimes assaulted…This will also deter people from pilfering…The CCTV cameras are really valuable,"/ Professor Renner stressed.
Each ward at the Child Health Department has cameras fixed with a central monitoring point manned by the hospital’s I.T experts.
The media personality was delighted she met the expectations of the hospital’s management and pledged to do more.
Joselyn Dumas also encouraged individuals and groups to offer any kind of support to the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital.
The Joselyn Canfor-Dumas Foundation, among many other charities, continues to finance the education of smart but underprivileged children around the country. It also spearheaded the widely known #Xcholera, an effective campaign organized to eradicate Cholera in Ghana a few years ago.
On New Year’s Day, Monday, January 1, 2018, Joselyn along with the JCD Foundation and family, organised a fun-filled party in collaboration with Think Mahogany Events by Debra Jane for the Children’s/Pediatric Block.
The purpose of the party was to bring the cheers of the festive celebrations to the hospitalized children and their families.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Artistes paid to put my name in their songs - Appietus
- 'I never invested in Menzgold' - Okyeame Kwame
- We dated for 5 years – Adekunle Gold confirms getting married to Simi
- Married life with Annica has been amazing - Okyeame Kwame
- Video: Yvonne Okoro reveals recording sex tape with ex-boyfriend
- I admire Abedi Pele so much – Adina
- Video: Adekunle Gold, Simi release new song to celebrate their wedding
- Daddy Lumba, Kojo Antwi comparison impossible - Okyeame Kwame
- Photos: Ataa Mensah of 'Showcase in Ga' dies at 91
- Video/Photos: Daughters of Glorious Jesus pay courtesy call to Multimedia Group
- Video: I've forgiven my parents for throwing me away when I was born – Don Little
- I'm not bothered by the young ones using my songs - Kojo Antwi
- Video: Women who earn more than their partners abuse them – D Cryme
- Video: Creative Arts has been neglected - Sidney
- Video: I’ll be tagged greedy if I disclose how much I invested with Menzgold – Lil Win