Ace broadcaster, Kwasi Kyei Darkwah (KKD) has commented on the growing rate of celebrity trolls on social media.
According to him, those who take delight in mocking public figures on social media are poor and filled with envy.
“It is poverty and envy that can make people very mean. You don’t see people who are doing very well in life being totally nasty to people,” he told JoyNews’ Maxwell Amoofia.
“You must be a certain special kind of animal to decide I want to do something to destroy another person,” KKD continued.
The Radio and TV personality seems to sympathise with the culprits of social media trolls with the view that these individuals attack others to ease their own depression.
Telesol launches 4G internet service; set to bridge digital gap
Managing Director of Telesol, a 4G-internet service provider said the company is set to adopt new technologies to widen the current digital divide between Africa and the rest of the world beginning from Ghana.
“I pity people who are attacking others. I am not angry with them…The haters don’t hate you…they hate their lives. If their lives would improve, they will be nice too,” he said.
Kwasi Kyei Darkwa believes that these attackers, whom he suggests had difficult up-bring, should not blame celebrities for their woes.
He, however, advised public figures to inbox individuals who criticise them unfairly and show them love.
KKD’s comment follows revelations by Pappy Kojo and MzVee that social media trolls get them depressed.
Pappy Kojo also disclosed that the act was the reason for his silence on the music scene.
Watch the video below:
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- I haven’t found someone who can tolerate me – E.L on being single
- You’re not qualified to grade rappers if I’m not in Top 5 list – E.L
- Joy Prime, SALM excite thousands at ‘A Beautiful Christmas’ concert
- Peace Hyde speaks on gender parity in Media at the Africa 2018 Forum in Egypt
- Sarkodie is a brother regardless of what people say – E.L
- Video/Photos: MTN Music Festival thrills patrons on Farmers’ Day
- Creative arts industry is an orphan - Kwaw Ansah
- Abena crowned Ghana’s Most Beautiful 2018
- Watch: Shatta Wale releases video for ‘My Level’ hit song
- Popular actor narrates how he lived with a ghost for 3 months
- Photos from Kufuor’s 80th birthday celebrations
- Joy FM presents perfect family getaway on Dec 22
- Beyoncé sings at A-list Indian wedding
- Kevin Hart steps down as Oscars host after 3-day controversy
- Hajia 4Real ‘shows boobs’ in King Promise, Wizkid video