Ace broadcaster, Kwasi Kyei Darkwah (KKD) has commented on the growing rate of celebrity trolls on social media.
According to him, those who take delight in mocking public figures on social media are poor and filled with envy.
“It is poverty and envy that can make people very mean. You don’t see people who are doing very well in life being totally nasty to people,” he told JoyNews’ Maxwell Amoofia.
“You must be a certain special kind of animal to decide I want to do something to destroy another person,” KKD continued.
The Radio and TV personality seems to sympathise with the culprits of social media trolls with the view that these individuals attack others to ease their own depression.
“I pity people who are attacking others. I am not angry with them…The haters don’t hate you…they hate their lives. If their lives would improve, they will be nice too,” he said.
Kwasi Kyei Darkwa believes that these attackers, whom he suggests had difficult up-bring, should not blame celebrities for their woes.
He, however, advised public figures to inbox individuals who criticise them unfairly and show them love.
KKD’s comment follows revelations by Pappy Kojo and MzVee that social media trolls get them depressed.
Pappy Kojo also disclosed that the act was the reason for his silence on the music scene.
Watch the video below:
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: I thought Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale would learn from my experience – Gemann
- DJ Switch makes it unto billboard in Times Square
- Kwesi Arthur motivates students to win 2019 Queen’s Commonwealth Essay
- KiDi: Charterhouse should be sanctioned for role in VGMA brawl
- Fault Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale but blame Charterhouse too – Sarkodie
- Jim Iyke enjoys bullying me – Ini Edo
- Harvey Weinstein 'to settle with accusers for $44m'
- M.anifest fights child abuse
- Ebony Reign still reigns as Artiste of the Year after VGMA@20 fiasco
- Video: I'm going to limit the comedy, I'm a father of twins now - Funny Face
- Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale banned indefinitely, stripped of all VGMA 2019 awards
- Shatta Wale withdraws from Ghana Music Awards scheme
- You can be a star today but a criminal tomorrow - Gemann to Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy
- Cardi B postpones concert over plastic surgery woes
- Newly crowned 'Artiste of the Decade' gives artistes lessons on self-control