Ace broadcaster, Kwasi Kyei Darkwah (KKD) has commented on the growing rate of celebrity trolls on social media.
According to him, those who take delight in mocking public figures on social media are poor and filled with envy.
“It is poverty and envy that can make people very mean. You don’t see people who are doing very well in life being totally nasty to people,” he told JoyNews’ Maxwell Amoofia.
“You must be a certain special kind of animal to decide I want to do something to destroy another person,” KKD continued.
The Radio and TV personality seems to sympathise with the culprits of social media trolls with the view that these individuals attack others to ease their own depression.
“I pity people who are attacking others. I am not angry with them…The haters don’t hate you…they hate their lives. If their lives would improve, they will be nice too,” he said.
Kwasi Kyei Darkwa believes that these attackers, whom he suggests had difficult up-bring, should not blame celebrities for their woes.
He, however, advised public figures to inbox individuals who criticise them unfairly and show them love.
KKD’s comment follows revelations by Pappy Kojo and MzVee that social media trolls get them depressed.
Pappy Kojo also disclosed that the act was the reason for his silence on the music scene.
Watch the video below:
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Fred Amugi threatens to sue Rosemond Brown for alleging they had sex
- I officially accept Starboy Kwarteng nickname – Ebony’s Father
- Nigeria election 2019: Wizkid shades APC, PDP, advises Nigerians
- Video/Photos: Cwesi Oteng visits Akufo-Addo, presents special copy of album to him
- Six new school songs influenced by old school
- Video: Why should I attend Willi Roi’s funeral? – Stonebwoy
- I can’t beat Annie – 2Baba refutes wife-beating allegations
- Joy FM/Kojo Antwi Love concert: Easier to buy a ticket but harder to go home
- Koffi Olomide faces seven-year jail term over Paris sex assault
- Photos: All set for Joy FM's Lovers Dinner Dance with Kojo Antwi
- Video: Why is Akufo-Addo silent on Menzgold? - Stonebwoy wonders
- What a Kojo Antwi song has put together, let no one put asunder
- 2019 Africa Travel Indaba kicks off from May 2
- Kojo Antwi’s music gets lady out of coma, prevented suicide
- Video: I was a betweener for my husband - Azigiza's wife reveals