Veteran Nollywood actress, Joke Silva, has warned Nigerians not to be deceived by the excessive display of wealth on social media by celebrities.
Joke Silva in a post on her Instagram page revealed that most of the actors and actresses that display questionable wealth on the internet were into other businesses.
She wrote: “Don’t be deceived by what goes on social media. Obviously, there is something else such actors are doing, perhaps other businesses to shore up their income.
“The reality is that on the earning capacity of an actor in Nigeria, you cannot have that sort of lifestyle in this economy.
“Yes, part of our industry is to have glamour but also the other part is to have reality.”
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Ebony was vilified because of her sexuality – Novelist on stereotype
- I wish Trigmatic were my biological son – Aka Blay
- Adele splits from husband Simon Konecki
- Cardi B rejects plea deal over Queens strip club brawl
- Good Friday special: Luigi Maclean, Globe Productions light up Super Morning Show
- Osibisa marks 50 years of musical excellence
- Video: Ghana DJ Awards PubFest keeps Purple Pub jamming till morning
- Yvonne Nelson urges Ghanaians to boycott elections
- Enough of the love songs - Barima Sidney
- Adom FM Music Chart (Week 15): Fameye’s ‘Nothing I get’, Kofi Mole’s ‘Don’t be late’ on the rise
- Harvest Praise 2019 airs live on DStv, GOtv come Good Friday
- Photos: Ghana Jeep Club parties with children of Potter’s Orphanage Village
- Video vixen gives life to Christ, now philanthropist
- New Video: Mista Myles eyes Afrobeats crown with ‘African Girl’
- Assault, killings by uniformed men will make Nigeria collapse - Omotola tells Buhari