Actress Yvonne Nelson is thanking God after she narrowly escaped death Monday night.
The actress was among 205 passengers on a Delta Air Lines Flight 420 from John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York to Kotoka International Airport in Accra when the incident happened.
The breaks of the Boeing 767 overheated causing the landing gear to catch fire.
Fire and rescue officials rushed to the scene to douse the fire.
After escaping what could have been fatal, the actress, who was returning to Ghana after spending some days in the US, in a post on Instagram, was very thankful.
“My flight! So this happened to us! Thank you Jesus🙏🏽 #Deltapleasesitup,” Yvonne Nelson said as she shared videos of the incident.
Adrian Gee, a Delta spokesman, said “Delta apologizes to our customers onboard Flight 420 for delaying their travel. We are working to get customers to their destination as soon as possible.”
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Artistes paid to put my name in their songs - Appietus
- 'I never invested in Menzgold' - Okyeame Kwame
- We dated for 5 years – Adekunle Gold confirms getting married to Simi
- Married life with Annica has been amazing - Okyeame Kwame
- Video: Yvonne Okoro reveals recording sex tape with ex-boyfriend
- I admire Abedi Pele so much – Adina
- Video: Adekunle Gold, Simi release new song to celebrate their wedding
- Daddy Lumba, Kojo Antwi comparison impossible - Okyeame Kwame
- Photos: Ataa Mensah of 'Showcase in Ga' dies at 91
- Video/Photos: Daughters of Glorious Jesus pay courtesy call to Multimedia Group
- Video: I've forgiven my parents for throwing me away when I was born – Don Little
- I'm not bothered by the young ones using my songs - Kojo Antwi
- Video: Women who earn more than their partners abuse them – D Cryme
- Video: Creative Arts has been neglected - Sidney
- Video: I’ll be tagged greedy if I disclose how much I invested with Menzgold – Lil Win