Actress Yvonne Nelson is thanking God after she narrowly escaped death Monday night.
The actress was among 205 passengers on a Delta Air Lines Flight 420 from John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York to Kotoka International Airport in Accra when the incident happened.
The breaks of the Boeing 767 overheated causing the landing gear to catch fire.
Fire and rescue officials rushed to the scene to douse the fire.
After escaping what could have been fatal, the actress, who was returning to Ghana after spending some days in the US, in a post on Instagram, was very thankful.
“My flight! So this happened to us! Thank you Jesus🙏🏽 #Deltapleasesitup,” Yvonne Nelson said as she shared videos of the incident.
Adrian Gee, a Delta spokesman, said “Delta apologizes to our customers onboard Flight 420 for delaying their travel. We are working to get customers to their destination as soon as possible.”
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Uncompleted Volta Regional theatre abandoned for 20yrs
- 8 days of no 'dumsor' shocks Nollywood actor
- MultiChoice clean sweep at Africa TV industry Awards
- Video/Photos: Labadi Beach Hotel picks 3 prestigious awards at 2018 GEM Awards
- I love your hard African face – Medikal tells Fella Makafui
- 2019 Nigerian Election: Musician Banky W joins politics
- Depression is real; seek help – Obour advices fellow musicians
- NGMA: Gifty Osei, Patience Nyarko, Joe Mettle others nominated
- Video: I haven’t quit acting, God’s work taking my time - Majid Michel
- Profanity: We don’t need censorship; it stifles creativity – Rex Omar
- Video: Leave Medikal and Fella Makafui alone – Okyeame Kwame
- Ghanaian-British actor Peter Mensah in Ghana
- Stan Lee: Marvel Comics co-creator dies aged 95
- Impressive dress rehearsal for terrific national Mardi Gras in 2019
- Video: Captain Planet reveals how his dead dog connected him to his wife