Actress Yvonne Nelson is thanking God after she narrowly escaped death Monday night.
The actress was among 205 passengers on a Delta Air Lines Flight 420 from John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York to Kotoka International Airport in Accra when the incident happened.
The breaks of the Boeing 767 overheated causing the landing gear to catch fire.
Fire and rescue officials rushed to the scene to douse the fire.
After escaping what could have been fatal, the actress, who was returning to Ghana after spending some days in the US, in a post on Instagram, was very thankful.
“My flight! So this happened to us! Thank you Jesus🙏🏽 #Deltapleasesitup,” Yvonne Nelson said as she shared videos of the incident.
Adrian Gee, a Delta spokesman, said “Delta apologizes to our customers onboard Flight 420 for delaying their travel. We are working to get customers to their destination as soon as possible.”
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: Lil Win charms crowd at MTN-Adom Kwahu Mega Street Bash
- Photos: Families receive fresh life at Luv FM Family Party in the Park
- Tinny says 'whack' rapper comment was for hype – D Black
- Ebony was vilified because of her sexuality – Novelist on stereotype
- I wish Trigmatic were my biological son – Aka Blay
- Adele splits from husband Simon Konecki
- Cardi B rejects plea deal over Queens strip club brawl
- Good Friday special: Luigi Maclean, Globe Productions light up Super Morning Show
- Osibisa marks 50 years of musical excellence
- Video: Ghana DJ Awards PubFest keeps Purple Pub jamming till morning
- Yvonne Nelson urges Ghanaians to boycott elections
- Enough of the love songs - Barima Sidney
- Adom FM Music Chart (Week 15): Fameye’s ‘Nothing I get’, Kofi Mole’s ‘Don’t be late’ on the rise
- Harvest Praise 2019 airs live on DStv, GOtv come Good Friday
- Photos: Ghana Jeep Club parties with children of Potter’s Orphanage Village