Ronald Kwaku Dei Appiah, popularly known as Bisa Kdei, has reacted angrily to questions about his music career currently.
In recent times the ‘Brother Brother’ hitmaker has been very quiet as far as his music is concerned.
However, speaking in an interview with Andy Dosty on Daybreak Hitz on Hitz FM, the musician explained that because his hit song, ‘Mansa’ set a very high standard, people seem to believe that he has gone quiet even though he releases new songs.
“…We are doing our best. It doesn’t mean we are not working. When people say I’m slow on promo now, I tell them it’s because ‘Mansa’ was too loud out there I admit it’s because of the buzz. As an artiste I am going to do my best to push Highlife music…,” he said.
Bisa Kdei said that it is unnecessary for an artiste to deliberately create a buzz to sell their craft.
According to him, it is better for the hype to happen naturally to sell the artiste.
For a very long time, there were rumours that Bisa Kdei and Becca were dating. It later emerged that the two may have schemed to fuel rumours about their relationship to sell their music.
Reacting to the allegations, he said “…It’s the work we do. Anything can happen to help boost an artiste but the fact that it wasn’t there doesn’t mean you should put it there. I can’t just get up and create a buzz. We [Becca and Bisa] weren’t having an affair, someone just assumed it…”
Bisa Kdei, who has churned out songs like ‘Mansa’, ‘Brother Brother’, and ‘Hammer’, is currently promoting his album titled ‘Highlife Konnect’.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- There’s no beef between Medikal and I – Kuami Eugene
- Afro-beats musician Skye Brain releases new single ‘The Soul Grind’
- A night of talent, surprises await patrons at Joy FM’s Open Mic Friday
- Don’t date for too long - MzVee advises
- Bleaching is not the beauty standard – Fuse ODG
- MTN's Digital Music conference focuses on local artistes
- Artistes paid to put my name in their songs - Appietus
- 'I never invested in Menzgold' - Okyeame Kwame
- We dated for 5 years – Adekunle Gold confirms getting married to Simi
- Married life with Annica has been amazing - Okyeame Kwame
- Video: Yvonne Okoro reveals recording sex tape with ex-boyfriend
- I admire Abedi Pele so much – Adina
- Video: Adekunle Gold, Simi release new song to celebrate their wedding
- Daddy Lumba, Kojo Antwi comparison impossible - Okyeame Kwame
- Photos: Ataa Mensah of 'Showcase in Ga' dies at 91