Ronald Kwaku Dei Appiah, popularly known as Bisa Kdei, has reacted angrily to questions about his music career currently.
In recent times the ‘Brother Brother’ hitmaker has been very quiet as far as his music is concerned.
However, speaking in an interview with Andy Dosty on Daybreak Hitz on Hitz FM, the musician explained that because his hit song, ‘Mansa’ set a very high standard, people seem to believe that he has gone quiet even though he releases new songs.
“…We are doing our best. It doesn’t mean we are not working. When people say I’m slow on promo now, I tell them it’s because ‘Mansa’ was too loud out there I admit it’s because of the buzz. As an artiste I am going to do my best to push Highlife music…,” he said.
Bisa Kdei said that it is unnecessary for an artiste to deliberately create a buzz to sell their craft.
According to him, it is better for the hype to happen naturally to sell the artiste.
For a very long time, there were rumours that Bisa Kdei and Becca were dating. It later emerged that the two may have schemed to fuel rumours about their relationship to sell their music.
Reacting to the allegations, he said “…It’s the work we do. Anything can happen to help boost an artiste but the fact that it wasn’t there doesn’t mean you should put it there. I can’t just get up and create a buzz. We [Becca and Bisa] weren’t having an affair, someone just assumed it…”
Bisa Kdei, who has churned out songs like ‘Mansa’, ‘Brother Brother’, and ‘Hammer’, is currently promoting his album titled ‘Highlife Konnect’.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Photos: Kinaata, Mama Zimbi, Capt. Smart, others wow fans as models
- Beyoncé, Meghan Markle finally meet at 'The Lion King' premiere
- Miss Ghana winners trend after being labelled "ugly"
- Why Yvonne Nelson won’t take up political office
- Video: Afia Pokua’s take on girls patronising ‘Mama Gee’s’ 'sexual enhancers'
- Being a first-time mum slowed me down – Yvonne Nelson
- ‘Strika' makes formal complaint against 'duping' handlers
- Support Patapaa he is talented – Kofi Kinaata
- Adom Fm Music Chart (Week 27): DopeNation tops chart with ‘Zanku’
- Video: Strika cries foul, accuses handlers of duping him
- If you are struggling in life, Stonebwoy has a song for you - Tuffseed
- Language barrier restricts my rap – Kofi Kinaata
- Davido, Chris Brown to collaborate on new song
- R. Kelly ‘arrested on federal sex charges,
- Tourism Authority partners The Multimedia Group for Miss Heritage Global