Ronald Kwaku Dei Appiah, popularly known as Bisa Kdei, has reacted angrily to questions about his music career currently.
In recent times the ‘Brother Brother’ hitmaker has been very quiet as far as his music is concerned.
However, speaking in an interview with Andy Dosty on Daybreak Hitz on Hitz FM, the musician explained that because his hit song, ‘Mansa’ set a very high standard, people seem to believe that he has gone quiet even though he releases new songs.
“…We are doing our best. It doesn’t mean we are not working. When people say I’m slow on promo now, I tell them it’s because ‘Mansa’ was too loud out there I admit it’s because of the buzz. As an artiste I am going to do my best to push Highlife music…,” he said.
Bisa Kdei said that it is unnecessary for an artiste to deliberately create a buzz to sell their craft.
According to him, it is better for the hype to happen naturally to sell the artiste.
For a very long time, there were rumours that Bisa Kdei and Becca were dating. It later emerged that the two may have schemed to fuel rumours about their relationship to sell their music.
Reacting to the allegations, he said “…It’s the work we do. Anything can happen to help boost an artiste but the fact that it wasn’t there doesn’t mean you should put it there. I can’t just get up and create a buzz. We [Becca and Bisa] weren’t having an affair, someone just assumed it…”
Bisa Kdei, who has churned out songs like ‘Mansa’, ‘Brother Brother’, and ‘Hammer’, is currently promoting his album titled ‘Highlife Konnect’.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: I thought Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale would learn from my experience – Gemann
- DJ Switch makes it unto billboard in Times Square
- Kwesi Arthur motivates students to win 2019 Queen’s Commonwealth Essay
- KiDi: Charterhouse should be sanctioned for role in VGMA brawl
- Fault Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale but blame Charterhouse too – Sarkodie
- Jim Iyke enjoys bullying me – Ini Edo
- Harvey Weinstein 'to settle with accusers for $44m'
- M.anifest fights child abuse
- Ebony Reign still reigns as Artiste of the Year after VGMA@20 fiasco
- Video: I'm going to limit the comedy, I'm a father of twins now - Funny Face
- Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale banned indefinitely, stripped of all VGMA 2019 awards
- Shatta Wale withdraws from Ghana Music Awards scheme
- You can be a star today but a criminal tomorrow - Gemann to Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy
- Cardi B postpones concert over plastic surgery woes
- Newly crowned 'Artiste of the Decade' gives artistes lessons on self-control