Ronald Kwaku Dei Appiah, popularly known as Bisa Kdei, has reacted angrily to questions about his music career currently.
In recent times the ‘Brother Brother’ hitmaker has been very quiet as far as his music is concerned.
However, speaking in an interview with Andy Dosty on Daybreak Hitz on Hitz FM, the musician explained that because his hit song, ‘Mansa’ set a very high standard, people seem to believe that he has gone quiet even though he releases new songs.
“…We are doing our best. It doesn’t mean we are not working. When people say I’m slow on promo now, I tell them it’s because ‘Mansa’ was too loud out there I admit it’s because of the buzz. As an artiste I am going to do my best to push Highlife music…,” he said.
Bisa Kdei said that it is unnecessary for an artiste to deliberately create a buzz to sell their craft.
According to him, it is better for the hype to happen naturally to sell the artiste.
For a very long time, there were rumours that Bisa Kdei and Becca were dating. It later emerged that the two may have schemed to fuel rumours about their relationship to sell their music.
Reacting to the allegations, he said “…It’s the work we do. Anything can happen to help boost an artiste but the fact that it wasn’t there doesn’t mean you should put it there. I can’t just get up and create a buzz. We [Becca and Bisa] weren’t having an affair, someone just assumed it…”
Bisa Kdei, who has churned out songs like ‘Mansa’, ‘Brother Brother’, and ‘Hammer’, is currently promoting his album titled ‘Highlife Konnect’.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- The Burial of Kojo wins award at Luxor African Film Festival
- Creative arts can take Ghana to greater heights if... – George Quaye
- Video: Medikal brings the heat as he sells Africa on Tim Westwood
- Gospel singer criticises Stonebwoy for endorsing secular songs in church
- Video: Cast of 1998 hit TV show 'Taxi Driver' cast back the years
- Buju Banton sings of the only law to obey in the world
- I learnt how to drive on 'Taxi Driver' - Psalm Adjeteyfio reveals
- The warrior of love - Unpacking Samini’s 'Untamed' Part 1
- Video: Ashesi University founder goes ‘crazy’, dresses like female
- Video: Kofi Mole quits school to pursue music
- Photo: Rocky Dawuni, Cabum finally smoke peace pipe
- Adopting French as Ghana’s second language ‘disrespectful’ – Okyeame Kwame
- If I don’t win any award at 3Music Awards I will pull a 'Shatta Wale' - Medikal declares
- No other Ghanaian music beats highlife - Kyekyeku
- We were once celebrated in Diaspora because of Highlife – Bessa Simons