Ronald Kwaku Dei Appiah, popularly known as Bisa Kdei, has reacted angrily to questions about his music career currently.
In recent times the ‘Brother Brother’ hitmaker has been very quiet as far as his music is concerned.
However, speaking in an interview with Andy Dosty on Daybreak Hitz on Hitz FM, the musician explained that because his hit song, ‘Mansa’ set a very high standard, people seem to believe that he has gone quiet even though he releases new songs.
“…We are doing our best. It doesn’t mean we are not working. When people say I’m slow on promo now, I tell them it’s because ‘Mansa’ was too loud out there I admit it’s because of the buzz. As an artiste I am going to do my best to push Highlife music…,” he said.
Bisa Kdei said that it is unnecessary for an artiste to deliberately create a buzz to sell their craft.
According to him, it is better for the hype to happen naturally to sell the artiste.
For a very long time, there were rumours that Bisa Kdei and Becca were dating. It later emerged that the two may have schemed to fuel rumours about their relationship to sell their music.
Reacting to the allegations, he said “…It’s the work we do. Anything can happen to help boost an artiste but the fact that it wasn’t there doesn’t mean you should put it there. I can’t just get up and create a buzz. We [Becca and Bisa] weren’t having an affair, someone just assumed it…”
Bisa Kdei, who has churned out songs like ‘Mansa’, ‘Brother Brother’, and ‘Hammer’, is currently promoting his album titled ‘Highlife Konnect’.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Winners of 2018 National Book Awards
- Gov’t to build ultra-modern film studio, set up National Film Authority
- Video: Yaw Siki became born again because of motorway potholes – Criss Waddle
- Video: Kidi is best vocalist in Ghana but he's not on my album – Kuami Eugene
- Video: I’m cool with Shatta Wale, beef was just business – Criss Waddle
- Uncompleted Volta Regional theatre abandoned for 20 yrs
- 8 days of no 'dumsor' shocks Nollywood actor
- MultiChoice clean sweep at Africa TV industry Awards
- Video/Photos: Labadi Beach Hotel picks 3 prestigious awards at 2018 GEM Awards
- I love your hard African face – Medikal tells Fella Makafui
- 2019 Nigerian Election: Musician Banky W joins politics
- Depression is real; seek help – Obour advices fellow musicians
- NGMA: Gifty Osei, Patience Nyarko, Joe Mettle others nominated
- Video: I haven’t quit acting, God’s work taking my time - Majid Michel
- Profanity: We don’t need censorship; it stifles creativity – Rex Omar