Rapper Cardi B rejected a plea deal Friday over allegedly roughing up two bartenders in a wild brawlat a Queens strip club last year.
Wearing a silky white outfit, diamond hoop earrings and long yellow nails, the Bronx-born star flashed a smile but said nothing as she appeared in Queens Criminal Court.
She faces misdemeanor assault and reckless endangerment charges for allegedly throwing a hookah and bottles of booze at bartender sisters Rachel Wattley, 21, and Sarah Wattley, 23, at Angels strip club in Flushing in August.
The “Bodak Yellow” rapper, whose real name is Belcalis Almánzar, is also accused of siccing members of her crew on the women because she believed they had sex with her husband, Offset.
During the three-minute court appearance Friday, Cardi B let her lawyer, Jeff Kern, do the talking. He agreed to her next court appearance date.
The 26-year-old former stripper also wore white palazzo pants, a large diamond ring and carried a Hermès Birkin bag. She waved and smiled briefly at a baby who was sitting in the courtroom.
As she passed through security, fans waved and screamed and one shouted, “You look stunning!”
She is scheduled to appear back in court on May 31.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- 3 Wills purportedly written by Aretha Franklin found in her home
- Video: Kofi Kinaata advises against illegal fishing in new song
- VGMA@20: Call for prosecution of Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy alone not right – Mr Logic
- What the law says: Use of guns, riotous behaviour - Case of Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy
- BET Int celebrates Sarkodie’s Artiste of the Decade victory
- VGMA brawl: There is silver lining in the fracas – Francis Doku
- VGMA@20 brawl: Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale granted bail
- We need to change narrative – Sarkodie speaks on support for industry
- VGMA@20: Celebrities react to Shatta Wale-Stonebwoy brawl
- Gov't to meet Shatta, Stonebwoy over feud – Tourism Minister
- Charterhouse disappointed after giving Shatta Wale a chance – CEO
- Creative Arts Ministry 'failed' to stop Shatta Wale Stonebwoy brawl - Minister
- VGMA@20: Stonebwoy not emotionally balanced to own gun - Sefa Kayi
- VGMA@20: MUSIGA condemns 'shameful behaviour' of Shata Wale, Stonebwoy
- VGMA@20 clash: Stonebwoy may be biggest loser – Ameyaw Debrah