Adele has separated from her husband Simon Konecki, representatives for the singer have confirmed.
In a statement on Friday, they said the pair were "committed to raising their son together lovingly".
Adele gave birth to her son, Angelo, in 2012. The 30-year-old married Konecki, a charity entrepreneur, in 2016 after five years of dating.
The best-selling London-born artist is known for her chart-topping albums 19, 21 and 25.
The statement added that the pair were asking for privacy and there would be no further comment.
Adele and Simon Konecki married in secret in 2016
They married in secret and Adele first addressed the wedding publicly during an acceptance speech at the 2017 Grammys, where she thanked her "husband".
The singer's debut album, which was released in 2008 and featured hits including Chasing Pavements and Hometown Glory, reached number one in the UK.
She went on to win a string of awards and her follow-up, 21, topped the charts in 30 countries including the US and the UK.
Her third album, 25, sold a record-breaking 800,000 copies in its first week and became the best-selling album of 2015.
In March, Adele was pictured entering a recording studio in New York City, prompting speculation that she was working on new music.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- I still love Shatta Wale but... – Sarkodie on complicated relationship
- See alleged killer of Chris Attoh’s wife
- Shatta Wale’s mother replies Okraku Mantey over Shatta’s conduct
- VGMA@20 clash: Shatta Wale’s father discloses why he climbed the stage
- Shatta Wale is an attention seeker, doesn’t know his limits – Okraku Mantey
- Baako sees silver lining in Stonebwoy-Shatta Wale brawl
- Video: I thought Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale would learn from my experience – Gemann
- DJ Switch makes it unto billboard in Times Square
- Kwesi Arthur motivates students to win 2019 Queen’s Commonwealth Essay
- KiDi: Charterhouse should be sanctioned for role in VGMA brawl
- Fault Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale but blame Charterhouse too – Sarkodie
- Jim Iyke enjoys bullying me – Ini Edo
- Harvey Weinstein 'to settle with accusers for $44m'
- M.anifest fights child abuse
- Ebony Reign still reigns as Artiste of the Year after VGMA@20 fiasco