Two of Ghana’s great musical talents, Okyeame Kwame and Samini, have endorsed the campaign to raise awareness on polio immunisation in Ghana.
The two music stars have been featured on giant billboards -“This Close” To Ending Polio- by the Rotary Foundation and Rotary Ghana to highlight Ghana’s success in achieved in polio eradication.
The artistes have both agreed to use their social media handles to create awareness and support polio immunisation in Ghana.
The giant billboards, which are located on the High Street and at the Efua Sutherland Children’s Park in Accra, were unveiled on April 24, to kick start World Immunisation Week.
The billboard campaign is an intervention by the Rotary Foundation and Ghana National Polio Plus Committee, (GNPPC). The two billboards will be maintained by the Rotary Club of Accra-Airport.
The Ghana National Polio Plus Committee, (GNPPC) is Rotary Action Group dedicated to polio eradication in Ghana. It works in partnership with the Rotary Foundation; the World Health Organisation, UNICEF and Ghana Health Service.
About World Immunisation Day
World Immunisation Week is celebrated in the last week of April – aims to promote the use of vaccines to protect people of all ages against disease.
Immunisation saves millions of lives every year and is widely recognised as one of the world’s most successful and cost-effective health interventions.
The theme for 2019 is Protected Together: Vaccines Work! Campaigns globally will celebrate Vaccine Heroes from around the world – from parents and community members to health workers and innovators – who help ensure we are all protected through the power of vaccines.
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: Thousands throng Shatta Wale, Tinny’s ‘Loud in Bukom’ concert
- Video: If police arrest you for smoking weed, just beg - Shatta Wale tells fans
- R Kelly misses court hearing in Chicago after transport mix-up
- Duchess of Sussex's TV drama Suits jokes about her royal role
- Video: Mum told me Reggie Rockstone sounded like a porn star’s name
- Van Vicker jabs Kofi Asamoah for saying blacks can't be wise as whites
- Videos/Photos: Steve Harvey visits Cape Coast Castle, gets emotional
- Nigerian comedian, Klint da Drunk involved in accident
- Video: Emotional McBrown recounts 20-year struggle to have a child
- Ghanaian actors are too comfortable - Moesha Boduong
- Video: Comedian Steve Harvey in Ghana for Year of Return
- Pius wins hearts with dance moves at Chicago’s Ghanafest 2019
- 'What Do Girls Really Want' – Sister Derby, Freda Rhymz, others school Lord Paper
- Checkout Becca's birthday message from husband
- I deserve to be among top ten best rappers – Tinny