CEO of Exclusive Events, organisers of the Miss Ghana pageant, Inna Mariam Patty says Ghanaians are mediocre and enjoy vilification.
Inna revealed in a conversation with JoyNews’ MzGee ahead of the 2019 launch of Miss Ghana that four past Queens - Stephanie Karikari, Antoinette Delali Kemavor, Giuseppina Nana Akua Baafi and Margaret Kumah Mintah - blogger Chris Vincent and his blog have been sued for defamation.
This comes on the heels of numerous allegations levelled against her as an organiser of the Miss Ghana pageant by her former contestants.
Inna described the actions of the ladies as deliberate and malicious.
“I’m sure those who are discerning will know this is a clear or deliberate attempt to destroy our hard earned reputation and in particular my reputation and what is the best way to deal with that than resorting to the legal system…we defame people with immunity and it is about high time that stopped,” she said.
“It is a shame we live in a society that enjoys vilifying people that enjoys bringing people down,” she added.
Watch the video below for more:
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Rap battle round 1: Medikal vs Strongman, who won?
- 2019 EMY Africa Awards: Full list of Winners
- Class, style, persona; Nat Attoh hosts 3rd EMY Africa Award
- DJ Switch to support Cape Coast school with educational materials
- Gospel musician arrested over HIV/AIDS cure claims
- Cardi B charged with strip club assault
- Video: Asamoah Gyan, Atsu, Owusu, others in ‘cheeky response train’
- Ghanaian TV personality to host 2019 BET Awards red carpet
- I don’t mind nude roles to serve a purpose—Ama K
- Joy FM's Cosmopolitan mix goes live with Kwanpa band
- Kalybos unveiled as ambassador for Geddit Ghana
- Thank you! Kuami Eugene appreciates KiDi for amazing verse
- Adom FM Music Chart (Week 24): Kwesi Arthur's ‘Nobody’ makes it to the top
- Court orders police to file Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale trial documents
- Patoranking explains why he allows nudity in videos