CEO of Exclusive Events, organisers of the Miss Ghana pageant, Inna Mariam Patty says Ghanaians are mediocre and enjoy vilification.
Inna revealed in a conversation with JoyNews’ MzGee ahead of the 2019 launch of Miss Ghana that four past Queens - Stephanie Karikari, Antoinette Delali Kemavor, Giuseppina Nana Akua Baafi and Margaret Kumah Mintah - blogger Chris Vincent and his blog have been sued for defamation.
This comes on the heels of numerous allegations levelled against her as an organiser of the Miss Ghana pageant by her former contestants.
Inna described the actions of the ladies as deliberate and malicious.
“I’m sure those who are discerning will know this is a clear or deliberate attempt to destroy our hard earned reputation and in particular my reputation and what is the best way to deal with that than resorting to the legal system…we defame people with immunity and it is about high time that stopped,” she said.
“It is a shame we live in a society that enjoys vilifying people that enjoys bringing people down,” she added.
Watch the video below for more:
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- 'Salma Feeds' feeds 1000 children Easter Sunday
- Adom FM Music Chart (Week 16): DJ Mic Smith’s ‘Jama’ pushes 'Omo Ada' from number one spot
- Missing Taadi Girls: I'm sad but confident they will be found - Kofi Kinaata
- Okyeame Kwame, Samini join polio awareness campaign
- D-Black rejects Tinny’s request for collaboration?
- Song theft accusations don't move me - Kuami Eugene
- Mr. P of P-Square slept with my wife, broke my marriage – Diamond Plantnumz alleges
- Daasebere Dwamena ‘Wo Da Enda’ cover - Who nailed it?
- 'The 2 Pilots’ movie to be premiered April 26
- Video: You leave my label at your own loss – D-Black to signees
- Photos: Jim Iyke welcomes baby boy
- Photos: Okyeame Kwame dazzles at ‘Made in Ghana’ album launch
- 26 years of courtesy calls on Chief Imam in Photos
- Okyeame Kwame’s album launch, a truly Made-In-Ghana show
- Sarkodie celebrates mother’s birthday with lovely message, photos