Young artists are usually seen performing in school plays or talent shows but hardly a concert.
Management of Kempinski Gold Coast Hotel, however, created a stage for these young artists to prove to the world they were for more than just school plays and talent shows.
The Kempinski Concertini was nothing short of excellent when young artists made their way on stage to serve the audience with brilliant classical music.
The hotel in its bid to entertain guests while unearthing new talents transformed its lobby into a musical stage on January 31 for these young artists.
It was so refreshing to see young talented artists display amazing grace and expertise with the piano, violin, saxophone, guitar, and drums.
On piano, Sedem Andam treated the audience to a classic from J.S. Bach, Lois Ansa-Asare played her rendition of Fur Elise by Beethoven and the piano trio Georgie Barnes, Ebba Barnes, and Bernard Odai performed Arcangelo Corelli’s Trio Sonata XII.
The Lincoln Community School Jazz Combo led by Mike Perry dazzled the audience with great jazz music from Joseph Kosmo and Kenny Dorham.
Kempinski Concertini was not just a night for these young talents to give the audience refreshing classical music, they mastered the contemporary too with Nyame Kwame Kamfu, on violin, and Joseph Gyammodie, on the piano, playing a perfect rendition of John Legend’s “All of Me.”
Rene Kukua Essel, M’Kayla Hawthorne, and Emmanuella Kyei Frimpong, with their beautiful voices, sang “This is Me” from The Greatest Showman and Samira Yeo the solo artiste impressed patrons with Whitney Houston’s ‘I Have Nothing’ and Ella Fritzgerald’s “All of Me.”
The Roman Ridge School Akwaaba Dancers displayed the beautiful traditional dance of the Akans, Adowa, and the school’s Glee club wowed patrons with an Afrobeat Medley with music from Kidi, Efya, and Sarkodie.
The Roman Ridge School Akwaaba Dancers and the Glee club
Kempinski Concertini was indeed the night for young talents to show the world what they can offer and these young talents did not disappoint.
It is not an event one should miss so if you did, watch out for the next concert and make sure to attend.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: Why should I attend Willi Roi’s funeral? – Stonebwoy
- I can’t beat Annie – 2Baba refutes wife-beating allegations
- Joy FM/Kojo Antwi Love concert: Easier to buy a ticket but harder to go home
- Koffi Olomide faces seven-year jail term over Paris sex assault
- Photos: All set for Joy FM's Lovers Dinner Dance with Kojo Antwi
- Video: Why is Akufo-Addo silent on Menzgold? - Stonebwoy wonders
- What a Kojo Antwi song has put together, let no one put asunder
- 2019 Africa Travel Indaba kicks off from May 2
- Kojo Antwi’s music gets lady out of coma, prevented suicide
- Video: I was a betweener for my husband - Azigiza's wife reveals
- Photos: John Mahama is ‘grandfather’, ‘daughter’ welcomes baby boy
- 3Music Awards 2019: Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy, Kwesi Arthur top nomination list
- My husband is the pillar of my life – Ohemaa Mercy
- Video/Photos: DJ Switch wows African leaders at AU headquarters
- I smoked because my family owned a marijuana farm – Pastor Abbeam