Lambily, gather 'round. I've got some bad news, but I promise everything's gonna be fine. Are you ready? Sitting down? Okay. Earlier this afternoon, Mariah Carey claimed on Twitter that her seven-year-old son Rocky had been "liking my own insta pics."
An obvious lie! Although an understandable one. Like "camera just went off" or "might delete later," Carey's "a small child was using my phone" excuse is designed to convey humbleness. Here's the thing, though: Mariah Carey — talented artist, beautiful woman, Christmas icon — need not be humble. It is only logical that she'd hit that heart button on photos of herself.
Obviously, this principle can be applied not just to Mariah but also ourselves. If you can't like your own content, what can you like? No one should be posting anything that they think is bad or ugly or untruthful. We should stand by our own hot takes — and selfies. Live more honest online lives. No one thinks you posted that mirror photo because you think you look bad. And that's fine.
Cool! Now that this small issue has been cleared up, let's all sit back and enjoy a way better social media post Mariah made today:
More Entertainment Headlines
- Photos: The Rock and Lauren Hashian marry in Hawaii
- Danny Glover heads to Ghana for ‘Jamestown to Jamestown’
- I don’t regret investing in entertainment industry – Nana Appiah Mensah
- Gifty Anti's new title is Oheneyere FBI Dr.
- Ladies think I am a 'womaniser' - Nana Boroo
- Kumasi yearns for more of Luv FM's Corporate Groove
- How Tobi proposed to me – Becca reveals as they mark first anniversary
- Video: Thousands throng Shatta Wale, Tinny’s ‘Loud in Bukom’ concert
- Video: If police arrest you for smoking weed, just beg - Shatta Wale tells fans
- R Kelly misses court hearing in Chicago after transport mix-up
- Duchess of Sussex's TV drama Suits jokes about her royal role
- Video: Mum told me Reggie Rockstone sounded like a porn star’s name
- Van Vicker jabs Kofi Asamoah for saying blacks can't be wise as whites
- Videos/Photos: Steve Harvey visits Cape Coast Castle, gets emotional
- Nigerian comedian, Klint da Drunk involved in accident