After months of intense competition and display of incredible talents from some of Ghana’s most precocious children, Righteous Vandyke has been crowned the winner of the maiden edition of the highlife talent hunt show, Nsoromma on Adom TV.
This comes as no surprise to many who have followed the show from its inception as Righteous has dazzled fans week-in-week-out.
Fans’ comments even weeks before the grand final gave the clue that it was either Righteous or no one else.
Righteous went home with a cash prize of ₵6,000, a laptop, piano and an electronic tablet among other things that will help nurture his budding music career.
He also won himself a recording contract with Plan Rico Records.
Gideon Nhyiraba was adjudged first runner-up, winning ₵3,000 Cedis, a mini-laptop and a tablet with another fans’ favourite, Ashley Chuks, taking the second runner-up slot.
Ashley also went home with ₵2,000 and a tablet.
Blessing Alorvor was adjudged fourth, leaving Zenobia with the fifth position.
All the 30 highlife contestants who formed part of the show, which started with auditions from the Northern, Middle and Southern belts of Ghana, from the beginning were all presented with certificates of participation.
See photos below:
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: I've forgiven my parents for throwing me away when I was born – Don Little
- I'm not bothered by the young ones using my songs - Kojo Antwi
- Video: Women who earn more than their partners abuse them – D Cryme
- Video: Creative Arts has been neglected - Sidney
- Video: I’ll be tagged greedy if I disclose how much I invested with Menzgold – Lil Win
- Celine Dion, Chance pull tracks with R. Kelly
- Rihanna takes father to court in trademark dispute
- #10YearChallenge: Multimedia staffs chime in
- Video: If you have sex tape of me and Adebayor prove it for $100k – Yvonne Okoro
- #10yearchallenge: See epic throwback photos of Ghanaian celebs
- Video: I’m not exclusive until you marry me – Yvonne Okoro
- Video: I would’ve accepted Menzgold ambassador deal – Yvonne Okoro
- 'You’ve shown me what real love is' – Becca celebrates husband's birthday
- Stop the rubbish; I never invested in Menzgold – Yvonne Nelson
- Menzgold-endorsing celebs not to blame – Brand expert