As part of activities marking the Year of Return, Ghana Tourism Authority will host Miss Heritage Global with The Multimedia Group as its exclusive media partner.
Miss Global scheduled for August 20, 2019, at the Accra International Conference Centre will feature 55 representatives from across the globe.
Brand Manager of Heritage Global, Mudzithe Phiri, told Joy News’ MzGee the contest will present Ghana an opportunity to sell its local business beyond the shores of Ghana.
“We are very happy this is coming to Ghana. As part of the Year of Return, the country is on a very big drive to get as many people to come to Ghana,” he said.
He explained that the contestants will come with a delegation of people who are looking to do business in the country.
Mr Phiri added that the pageant will also be an opportunity for people coming in and Ghanaians to also create a network of connections with each other.
“Ghana has many local brands, so it is also an opportunity for the local brands to allow the girls to experience the local brands to help sell the brands to the countries they come from,” he added.
Chief Executive Officer, Ghana Tourism Authority, Akwasi Agyemang, says his outfit is poised to put Ghana on the map with this and other activities of the Year of Return.
“They have the legacy of having done this in South Africa and Zimbabwe. This is a different terrain, this is Ghana. We have our own way of doing things.
“The cultural way of receiving people should be different and the differentiators are what we are looking for. This is a global event so we want to make sure we cross all our T’s and dot all our I’s”.
Speaking on behalf of The Multimedia Group, Nana Yaa Serwaa Sarpong, channel manager of Joy Prime, who are the lead media partners, says the doors of the company are open for fruitful partnerships.
“The Multimedia Group has been in existence in this country for over 20 years. When it comes to heritage in media, we can make a claim and so supporting Heritage being celebrated in Ghana in August and prior to that is one we are proud to be associated with.”
“Miss Heritage Global is a great idea and a noble cause which we are proud to stand behind. The Year of Return is prime on the Ghanaian calendar and it is prime for us as a media house too. All our business unit will be on board promoting the event,” she stated.
Miss Heritage Global became operational 2013, prior to this launch in Ghana, the pageantry was featured in South Africa and Zimbabwe.
Watch video below:
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Shatta Wale trends #1 in Ghana, 8 worldwide after Beyonce feature news
- Celebs, fans react to news on Shatta Wale, GuiltyBeatz’s feature with Beyonce
- GuiltyBeatz produces 3 songs on Beyonce's 'The Lion King: The Gift' album
- Stonebwoy, Samini congratulate Shatta Wale on Beyonce feature
- 'I know my level!' - Beyoncé features Shatta Wale on new album
- Real Time channel Debuts on DStv, GOtv
- Support the arts industry – Kwesi Agyare to gov't
- Kagame – The tallest president in Africa is the shortest in his family
- Prince David Osei wins Best Actor award at African International Film Festival
- Bond: Black female actor, Lashana Lynch is next ‘007 agent
- R. Kelly expected in court on sex charges
- Movie producers collaborating is the way to go - Peter Sedufia
- Never thought I would do a song with Kojo Antwi – King Promise
- Photos: Kinaata, Mama Zimbi, Capt. Smart, others wow fans as models
- Beyoncé, Meghan Markle finally meet at 'The Lion King' premiere