Child star of Netflix production, ‘Beast of No Nation’, Emmanuel Adom Quaye, better known as ‘Strika’, has accused his handlers of duping him.
According to Strika, an amount of $30,000 was transferred by Netflix into an account held in trust for him by one Kofi Robert, who was a coach on the Beast of No Nation set.
The account was to be handed over to him when he is 18 but Strika who is now 19 years now is yet to be given access to his account at Barclays.
In an interview on the Gist with MzGee, on the Joy News channel, Strika disclosed that he sleeps in a friend’s game house and fends for himself with the money he makes as a porter.
“I went to the bank with Kofi Robert and another person (Zoe) and they told me the money was from the U.S. and will transfer it into a Barclays Bank for me. I went there to check whether the money is there but I was told me my name is not part of their register,” he said.
Watch the video below for more...
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Ed Sheeran goes to numbers one, three, four on UK chart
- Ghana praised for supporting Vis-à-vis Festival
- English language did trick for ‘Be Lifted’ penetrating Africa - MOG
- Show evidence of new factories – John Dumelo charges gov’t
- Video: I’d love to settle in Ghana after retirement- Tim Godfrey
- Ark band performs live on Joy FM’s Cosmopolitan Mix
- Creative Arts Council, media pay courtesy call on Ghana Embassy in Spain
- Listen: 'Already' by Beyoncé ft Shatta Wale
- Storm Energy partners Silverbird to premiere Lion King
- FaceApp: Celebs fall in love with AgeChallenge
- Cobby Raymond releases Kojo Antwi inspired song
- MUSIGA has ¢70,000 locked up in Menzgold - Bessa Simons
- Nicki Minaj hints on signing Ghanaian act
- People aren’t celebrating GuiltyBeatz's prod. on Beyoncé's album – Ameyaw Debrah
- AFCON 2019: Fuse ODG to perform at closing ceremony