First runner up of the first edition of Adom TV's reality show, Nsromma, Nhyiraba Gideon, has disclosed his father abandoned him and his mother after his birth.
The 12-year-old who got featured on gospel songstress Celestine Donkor's latest single 'Agbebolo' meaning 'bread of life’ told Joy News' MzGee the lyrics of the song tell how Jesus Christ sustained him as a child from a poor background with no fatherly love or protection.
"This song talks a lot about me and I think it will also talk a lot about you too. I'm not from a very good background but still, the Lord has brought us far. Daddy run away after giving birth to me, I was left with mummy who is a trader," he said.
Nhyiraba Gideon who describes the opportunity to sing alongside Celestine Donkor as a "great privilege" also added, he is not perturbed about the absence of Dad.
When MzGee asked if his current status has given his father reasons to locate him, Nhyiraba said: "no, I haven't but I feel normal."
Watch interview below:
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Tiwa Savage rents entire cinema for son to watch 'The Lion King'
- Language not a barrier in music – FRA! band
- Why we were not allowed to meet Akufo-Addo - Dark Suburb explains
- People want Miss Ghana queens to look like slay queens - Inna Patty
- Video: I’m not ugly, my mirror doesn’t tell me so - Miss Ghana 2019
- 2019 Golden Movie Awards: Full list of nominees released
- 5 honours, 26 competitive awards to be given out at 2019 Golden Movie Awards
- New video alert! - Rocky Dawuni premieres 'Elevation'
- Video: Shatta Wale explains why he is king
- Panafest International Expo launched in UK
- Too many music talents hypnotised by Afrobeat popularity - David Bolton bemoans
- Video: My music was getting bigger – Ohemaa Mercy explains why she quit teaching
- Video: Funny Face claims police assault during movie shoot
- Cardi B rape accusations resurfaces
- Regent University student wins 2019 edition of 'Live Inside Win the Ride'