Immediate past Minister for Tourism, Arts and Culture, Catherine Afeku says she has ‘moved on’ and does not miss anything about her former office.
Catherine Afeku was appointed by President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo in 2017 but was reshuffled this year.
Speaking to JoyNews’ MzGee at the Ghana Make-up Awards, where she was a guest of honour, the bubbly former minister didn’t appear too worried about the future of initiatives she started.
“Well I can’t say, it is a different person, it is a different day but I am very confident that things will proceed and progress,” she said.
When asked one thing she misses and will continue to miss about the creative arts ministry, Catherine Afeku was emphatic when she said, “nothing, absolutely nothing. I’ve moved on, it’s a mindset; you can’t hang on to things... In life you move on, you don’t look to the past, you look to the future.”
Watch the video below:
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: I thought Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale would learn from my experience – Gemann
- DJ Switch makes it unto billboard in Times Square
- Kwesi Arthur motivates students to win 2019 Queen’s Commonwealth Essay
- KiDi: Charterhouse should be sanctioned for role in VGMA brawl
- Fault Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale but blame Charterhouse too – Sarkodie
- Jim Iyke enjoys bullying me – Ini Edo
- Harvey Weinstein 'to settle with accusers for $44m'
- M.anifest fights child abuse
- Ebony Reign still reigns as Artiste of the Year after VGMA@20 fiasco
- Video: I'm going to limit the comedy, I'm a father of twins now - Funny Face
- Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale banned indefinitely, stripped of all VGMA 2019 awards
- Shatta Wale withdraws from Ghana Music Awards scheme
- You can be a star today but a criminal tomorrow - Gemann to Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy
- Cardi B postpones concert over plastic surgery woes
- Newly crowned 'Artiste of the Decade' gives artistes lessons on self-control