Actress and movie producer, Lydia Forson, has joined many across the country to condemn the brawl that ensued at the 20th edition of the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards.
According to her, it was sheer luck that patrons at the popular event escaped unhurt during the mayhem caused by fans of Shatta Wale and Stonebwoy.
On Facebook Lydia Forson said the experience was both traumatising and scary.
“When people see a gun, their immediate reaction is to run, and when they’re confined to any space a stampede occurs and that’s usually how people get hurt,” she wrote.
She stated that although she loves both artistes, they were both guilty of what happened and should be held responsible.
“So many people could have been severely hurt; we got lucky this time,” Lydia Forson added.
After Stonebwoy was announced Reggae/Dancehall Artiste of the Year a brawl broke out between his camp and that of his archrival, Shatta Wale.
It all happened when Shatta Wale and his multitude of fans walked towards the stage while Stonebwoy was about to give his speech for the award.
Just as he approached the stage, punches started flying between Stonebwoy’s entourage and Shatta Wale’s team.
Stonebwoy ended up pulling out a gun, which he later apologised for.
Stonebwoy explained that he pulled the gun in self-defence.
Many Ghanaians have urged the law enforcement agencies to swiftly punish any wrongdoing.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- D-Black drops much anticipated ‘Smoke & Mirrors’ EP
- Video: My mom and I were abandoned by my father – Nsromma star
- It will be difficult going back to school – Kuami Eugene
- I’m a shopaholic, I need prayers – Jackie Appiah
- Abraham Attah to star in Birdman’s film
- Lena Headey didn’t like Cersei’s ‘Game of Thrones’ death scene
- Girlfriends, side-chicks of Black Stars players should be allowed into their camp – Mzbel
- Duchess Meghan nominated for World Fashion Award
- Video: Do politics if you want Ghana to move forward – A Plus
- Pushing foreign genres will not sell Ghana - Mikki Osei Berko to artistes
- “You can’t be serious” - Kwesi Arthur's dad reacts to his plan to marry at 35
- Comedy play 'Adam in Court' stages on June 22
- Cardi B forced to perform in bathrobe after wardrobe malfunction
- 2019 MTV Movie, TV Awards: The only 10 moments people will be talking about
- I received death threats over Konkonsa show on Radio Gold - Mikki Osei Berko