Mother of dancehall artiste Shatta Wale has pleaded with Mark Okraku Mantey to stop accusing her of supporting Shatta’s dirty games.
People are playing the blame game after Stonebwoy and Shatta Wale’s indefinite suspension from Vodafone Ghana Music Awards (VGMAs) following their brawl at this year’s event.
Mark Okraku Mantey, deliberating on the indefinite suspension of the two dancehall artistes on Hitz FM, said Elsie Evelyn Avemegah aka Shatta Mama must not be left out of the blame.
According to Mr Mantey, it is her fault that Shatta Wale behaves the way he does because she has supported him through all his dirty games.
The music producer, citing an example, said the ‘Gringo’ hitmaker once insulted him in front of his mother, but the mother failed to scold him, saying her son is straightforward.
In response to Mark Okraku Mantey’s allegations, mother of the ‘Ayoo’ hitmaker, Shatta Mama has cautioned Mark to stop misquoting and misrepresenting her:
“This is not the first time Mark is saying this…Mark hates me so much, so am not surprised ..but let me remind Mark that, I have never insulted him before, if you are owing somebody, and I tell you that my son wouldn’t lie for saying you are owing him, does it mean am supporting his dirty games?
“How can a mother support everything her child does?… We’ve only met once and that was when I went to his house with my son to collect money he was owing to my son which he paid …So, in this case, did I act correctly or not? Where did I go wrong? Even on that day, Mark rather insulted me…and it happened during the Bandana from Ghana days…I like Mark’s submissions on radio and on TV, I like him as a person but he should stop peddling those dubious allegations against me”.Shatta Mama told RazzNews.com
Shatta Mama, in a sorrowful mood, after pleading with the general public to forgive Shatta Wale and Stonebwoy over their brawl, advised Mark that:
”I’m in one of my trying times…My son and Stonebwoy are in court, give me the peace of mind to sympathize with them…more so, I will entreat Mark to go to Hot FM and Peace FM so that they give him some of the interviews I granted them and check whether I support everything Shatta does”.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: I won't invite 'people' to my wedding – Lilwin
- Steve Bedi to headline PAMA Festival 2019
- Ben Brako tops Global Music Charts with 'Shame and Scandal'
- Bible isn't against Marijuana, stop preaching against it – Rev. Abbeam
- Burna Boy deserved his BET award – Davido
- Cardi B pleads not guilty to assault
- Michelle Obama and Stephen Fry help drive audiobook boom
- Unemployment cause of increased nudity - Vicky Zugah
- Consistency and not hits alone make a good artiste - eShun
- Video: ‘I cannot say Medikal is a fraud boy’ - Strongman
- Don’t marry a woman who cannot cook – Kwesi Arthur's dad to son
- Partnering musicians as a producer is key – Jayso
- First edition of Miss United Continents, Ghana launched
- David Bolton releases visuals for ‘Odo Fofro’ featuring Samini
- Nominees for 2019 Hospitality Awards unveiled