Legendary producer and reggae artiste, Rocky Dawuni, has smoked the peace pipe with rapper Cabum after the latter accused him of stealing his father, Alhaji Frimpong’s song.
Cabum had accused Mr Dawuni of copyright breaches when the latter released a re-recorded version of Alhaji Frimpong’s ‘Kyenkyen Bi Edi Mewu’ song, off his latest ‘Beat of Zion album’.
But responding to Cabum, Rocky explained that the motive behind re-recording the song was to honour Alhaji Frimpong’s legacy as a trailblazer of the highlife genre.
Rocky subsequently promised to visit Alhaji Frimpong’s family to inform them about his plans to pay them royalties from the song.
Rocky has since visited Cabum and calm has ensued with Cabum tweeting “It was nice meeting u sir, Da legendary Mr Rocky Dawuni u have such a great heart. #Chedeshi”.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Waris axing from AFCON squad 'payment' for treating me badly - Ex-wife
- Some big artistes used to kneel down for misbehaving – Hammer
- I don’t feel celebrated enough – Kwaw Kese laments
- Stonebwoy gears up for Shuga Summer Tour
- I won't beef with someone who can't write her own songs – Kelvyn Boy
- Modelling not lucrative in Ghana — Chantelle Dapaah
- Reggie Rockstone leaves VVIP?
- Video: Kofi Adjorlolo dating Victoria Lebene mere media stunt – Abeiku Santana
- Adom FM Music Chart (Week 23): Kwesi Arthur's ‘Nobody’ gunning for number 1?
- Russian poker star electrocuted in bath at home
- Popular illusionist ready to stun patrons at 2019 MMC Live
- From Nollywood to pulpit: Eucharia Anunobi’s untold conversion story
- Sarkodie doesn’t come to bed early – Wife
- Lawyer: Cuba Gooding Jr. will turn self in on groping charge
- I saved Ghanaian rap music from dying – Medikal brags