A 45-year-old farmer has been sentenced to 20 years imprisonment for defiling two siblings at Akyem Abordom near Kade in the Eastern region.
The convict, Nenevi Freeman will serve his jail term with hard labour.
He pleaded guilty when he was charged for defilement contrary to section 101(2) of the criminal offences Act 1960 (Act29).
Presenting the facts of the case to His Honour Abubakari Abass Adams, Detective Inspector Isaac Owusu Achiaw told the court that the victims, aged 12 and 13 years, live in Abodom with their mother and grandfather, Harry Adzeglo, the complainant.
The convict lived in the same house as the victims until he later relocated to another place in the same town.
The prosecutor said on February 9, this year, the complainant had information that the convict had been having sex with the victims so he invited the victims for interrogation and they confessed.
It was revealed that the farmer started having sexual intercourse with the minors since 2020.
According to him, the complainant later led the victims to the police to lodge an official report and upon interrogation, the two victims said the convict forcibly had sex with them on separate occasions when they were on their rounds selling pastries.
He explained that Freeman engaged the minors in sexual related acts in turns after he invited them to his room for money when he had bought some of the pastries.
The number of times the minors were defiled he said ranges from five to ten times.
Mr Freeman was arrested and arraigned after a report from Kade Government Hospital confirmed that the victims were defiled.
- Bank of Ghana upgrades one cedi coin
- Road toll to be collected electronically – Roads Minister
- Photos: Volta Regional NPP Secretary ties knot with Deputy Women’s Organiser
- Parliament approves 2023 Budget and Economic Policy
- You are on your own – John Kumah tells bondholders who reject debt exchange programme
- GMA rejects debt exchange programme
- Moody’s downgrades GCB Bank due to debt restructuring
- Black Sherif is the voice of African youth – Akon
- World Cup: Rating every member of Ghana’s squad
- Akufo-Addo commissions Afienya Road Over Bridge on Tema-Mpakadan Railway line
- Financial Stability Council pledges to closely monitor impacts of Debt Exchange Programme; to set up ¢15bn fund
- Mahama appeals for ¢10 to support NDC congress
- 796 flee Burkina Faso to Sissala West communities for fear of attack
- We only approved policy principle of 2023 Budget; not the taxes – Minority
- 81 aspirants vie for 14 national executive positions in NDC
- NPA to seek cabinet support to remove taxes on LPG
- Claims that female babies develop speech faster than males is a myth – Language Therapist
- Consensus key to sustainability of the debt exchange programme – ISSER to government
- I’ve been given over ¢100k ‘haircut’ on my investment – Franklin Cudjoe
- Mozambique ex-president’s son, others jailed for 12 years for corruption
- GWCL to cut water supply to parts of Accra
- Philip Afeti Korto: Grey hair, a sign of wisdom or ageing?
- Busy Signal to perform at Stonebwoy’s Bhim Concert in Ghana
- Government plan to cut interest costs gets pushback from local funds
- Vodafone scoops 5 honours at National Communications Awards