A final year Visual Arts student of Three Town Senior High School in the Ketu South Municipality, has appeared in court for causing harm to a tutor in the school.
The accused, Gilbert Akakpo, aged 19, slashed Mr. John Kwashi Akey, the ICT Tutor, with a cutter while he tried to stop the accused from bullying a first-year student.
Police Chief Inspector, Mr. Bob Wuda, prosecuting, told the court that Mr. Cephas Afornu, Senior House Master of the School, reported the incident to the Denu District Police station around 13:30 hours on Wednesday that the accused earlier in the day slashed the victim with a cutter on his left upper arm.
He said the complainant added that the victim sustained a deep cut on the arm and was rushed to Ketu South Municipal Hospital for treatment.
Chief Inspector Wuda said the Police visited the victim at the hospital and found him in stable condition undergoing a surgical operation.
The prosecution said the father of the accused later brought him to the Police the same day to help in the investigation, leading to him being processed for court on Thursday, August 12.
The Circuit Court, Tokor presided over by Mr Joseph Ofosu Behome, granted the accused bail in the sum of GH¢30,000.00 with two sureties.
The Court took into consideration the fact that he would be starting his final examination on Monday, August 16.
The case resumes on Friday, August 20, 202
- Fact-check: Did the NPP promise to build a harbour in Cape Coast?
- ‘I’m on the run until this country shows me there are laws’ – Shatta Wale
- ‘I never promised to build a harbour in Cape Coast’ – Akufo-Addo
- ‘God says we should sing a new song’ not plagiarise – Cindy Thompson to take legal actions against offenders
- A flimsy excuse should not be given for denial of a visa to MPs – Sam George calls out Netherlands Ambassador
- We’re investigating Shatta Wale’s shooting claims – Police
- I lied because people were associating me with politics – Cindy Thompson on ‘Awurade Kasa’
- Funny Face arrested after threatening to kill his baby mama and commit suicide
- Komenda Sugar Factory: Mahama constructed roof before building foundation – Akufo-Addo
- NDC Caucus begin audit of MPs refused visa to establish whether it is linked to anti-LGBTQ+
Bullion van allegedly robbed of over ¢100k in Tarkwa
Kudus, Sowah, Addo to star as Champions League resumes
Isaac Dogboe set for Christopher Diaz challenge on November 20
Man stabs, cuts off penis of friend for taking his nude pictures
Local media not doing enough to project highlife music – Berima Amo
The Big Talent Show Week 3: Contestants dazzle fans with awesome performances in eviction-free week
Liberian President George Weah rewards taxi driver who returned $50k
Four taxi cab robbers jailed 60 years
Prince Yaw Antwi: Homeownership – To build or to buy, the dilemma of the millennial
Finance Minister must account for ¢1.26bn accrued from Price Stabilisation and Recovery Levy
LGBTQ+ Bill: I see no right in life to use ‘exits as entries’ – Mikki Osei Berko
Blackmail: Fans react as alleged intimate video of Tiwa Savage, lover surfaces
Seaweed smothering beaches along the coast of Western Region
Government will not scrap taxes and levies imposed on petroleum products – Deputy Energy Minister
Cut taxes further on petroleum price build-up – Government told