Four men have been electrocuted at Anwomaso Bebre near Ejisu in the Ashanti region.
These men include a father, his son and two others who were erecting a scaffold to work on a three-story house.
“In their attempt to move the metal structure from one end to the other, the tip accidentally touched a high tension line, leading to the electrocution,” an eyewitness told Joy News reporter Kofi Adu Domfeh.
Other eyewitnesses say the scaffold bent backwards and landed on the high-tension wires.
The four victims are between the ages of 21 and 45 years.
The mother of youngest among the deceased, only known as Grace, collapsed upon hearing about the incident that took the life of her son.
A resident, Kwadwo Sasu told AdomNews he blames the local assembly for allowing the three-storey building to be constructed close to high tension line.
The charred bodies have been deposited at the morgue.
- Nurse who was verbally abused by Ashanti Region NSS Boss no longer at Manhyia Hospital – GRNMA
- Moody’s downgrades Ghana to further junk status, warns investors could lose in debt restructuring
- NSS summons Ashanti Region boss for investigation
- Dubai’s ENOC denies gold-for-oil barter talks with Ghana
- “We’ve been tracking Mohammed Kudus for more than one year” – Barcelona Director
- Ronaldo receives $225m offer to play for Saudi Arabian club
- Why General Arts students are ‘bleeding’ on social media
- 14 pupils receiving treatment after school bus somersaults, falls into a ditch
- Wenchi High Court throws out petition against NPP MP’s 2020 election victory
- Throw in the towel; I’ll win this election hands down – Ofosu Ampofo tells Asiedu Nketia
- Organised Labour rejects 18% salary increment
- Economist defends BoG inflation targeting regime
- Spotify Wrapped: What are Ghanaians listening to in 2022?
- AGI describes new VAT system as distortion to growth
- Ghanaian Furniture Design Company, Tekura features in Black Panther movie
- IMF confirms Ghana’s intention to conduct debt restructuring in 2023
- Qatar 2022: “Kudus is currently the World Cup best player” – Prince Boateng
- Ghana’s topmost CEOs to attend prestigious CEOs business networking cocktail
- Spotify Wrapped 2022: Burna Boy, Black Sherif are the most streamed artistes in Ghana
- We are working to support SMEs to leverage AfCFTA-Gender Minister
- YEA partners INZAG Germany to employ over 700 artisans ￼
- Dansworld Services adjudged best Environment and Sanitation company at 2022 AGI awards
- “2006 World Cup Squad was not afraid of games” – Appiah
- Minority welcomes government’s decision to reintroduce road toll in 2023
- IMF team to visit Ghana on December 1, 2022