Deputy Communications Minister and MP for Awutu Senya West Constituency, George Andah has vowed to make the Awutu Senya West constituency a traditional NPP seat in the Central Region.
The constituency has been a swing one since 1992 but Mr. Andah, after a resounding victory in Saturday’s primaries for the New Patriotic Party, has promised to make it a no-go area for the NDC.
He polled 438 votes to beat his closest contender, Joseph Aidoo who managed 191 votes.
“I know the NDC is a formidable force to battle with in this constituency but I will cut to size anytime I battle them,” he said.
He assured his supporters of a resounding victory in the December 2020 polls, urging all to unite towards a common cause – the December polls.
“This contest was just a mere formality for me. I have my eyes on the bigger picture: the December polls.”
George Nenyi Andah advised his followers to remain calm and eschew violence since the contest was a family competition.
“I knew about 90% of the votes would be in my favour. I had a greater hope in the delegates because I have stayed connected with them all this while,” he averred.
- I feared for my life so I lied about being an Ewe – Caleb Kudah
- Citi FM journalist gained access to National Security premises under false pretences – Chief Director
- Affail Monney apologises for alleging Caleb Kudah breached Code of Ethics
- Information Minister visits Citi FM over alleged assault on 2 of its journalists
- Dzata Cement denies claims of selling product at ¢30 per bag
- GPL wrap: Kotoko extend gap at top after Olympics surrender lead
- Ordering loophole allows students to eat for free at KFC for six months
- Zoe Abu-Baidoo declined our invitation – National Security defends ‘Rambo-style’ invasion of Citi FM premises
- Assin North MP’s case: Cape Coast High Court dismisses allegation of bias against presiding judge
- Caleb Kudah didn’t breach Code of Ethics – GJA General Secretary
Akufo-Addo opens talks with transport operators over plans to increase fares
Brian Dzansi: Why Ghana needs an Innovation and Startup Act
GIBA joins calls for independent inquiry on Citi FM journalists’ alleged assault
Accounts of how some people are treated by National Security shocking – Samson Lardi
Stop showing local feature films on TV – Filmmakers told
NCCE sensitizes security services on constitutional obligations
Kwabre East MP commends Muslim for peaceful co-existence
Evangelist slapped with ¢100K fine, 25 white fowls, eggs over comments against Nungua Traditional Council
Mere apology cannot save GJA President this time around – ASEPA
Lack of external support hinders progress of ODF interventions in Ashanti Region
Woman attacked by wild antelope succumbs to death
Kojo Adaah: Is the Ghanaian politician under siege?
Complaints by aggrieved KATH staff have been resolved – Head of Surgery Directorate
Be firm in your stance to settle Dixcove dispute – Chieftaincy Minister urges Ahanta King
Ban use of mercury in small-scale mining – Asantehene