Ghana’s Sports Minister, Mustapha Ussif, has hinted a new Black Stars head coach is close to being appointed by the Ghana Football Association (GFA).
According to him, the Ghana FA is expected to present a final report to his ministry on who they have decided to hand the role.
The role has been vacant following the resignation of Otto Addo after the Black Stars’ 2022 World Cup campaign in Qatar, which saw them exit in the group stage.
The former Black Stars midfielder quit the job to return to German where he is continuing his role with Bundesliga side, Borussia Dortmund.
Speaking before the Public Accounts Committee of Parliament on Tuesday, Ussif said the GFA will submit a report by next on the next appointment.
“The Ghana Football Association is in the process of hiring a new coach and I have personally engaged them and they have indicated that a final report will be submitted to the Ministry possibly this week or next week,” he said.
“I know we have an assignment in March this year and we need to have a new head coach, so he can start preparing for the AFCON qualifiers.
“The country should be assured that the GFA is working to ensure that we get a replacement.”
The Black Stars will be back in action in March when the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers resume.
- ECG releases load shedding timetable for March 30 to April 7
- TikToker Ahuofe ‘Ghana Tupac’ dead
- Chief of Mujipe shot dead, son in critical condition
- Social media users react to TikToker Ahoufe’s death
- Larabanga Accident: Level 200 student dead, 3 others in critical condition
- BoG denies introduction of ¢500 coin, note
- Where’s the so-called excess capacity? – John Jinapor quizzes government over load shedding timetable
- Proposed taxes are draconian – Seth Terkper
- We will resume picketing if government fails to honour payment in 2-weeks – Pensioner bondholders
- Adom FM climaxes Ghana Month celebrations with splendid cultural durbar
- We need a hospital built purposely for Members of Parliament – Henry Quartey
- North Dayi District Assembly committed to improving livelihoods of PwDs – DCE
- High Court issues bench warrant for Savelugu MP
- Enterprise Group PLC appoints Keli Gadzekpo as Group Chairman
- We hope our colleagues will help pass the 3 tax measures – Oppong Nkrumah
- Justice system has not worked for Gyakye Quayson, Assin North constituents – Mahama
- Oscar Pistorius parole bid collapses in South Africa
- This Saturday on Newsfile
- Health officer in court for allegedly defiling two teenagers at Nkwanta
- Gbewaa College incurs over GHȻ7k debt weekly to feed teacher trainees – Principal
- GAEC partners EU, IAEA UNICRI to fight organised criminal activities
- What are we on earth for? – Henry Quartey mourns death of Kumawu MP
- Online safety: Fund seeks applicants for grant awards
- Music producer Kaywa loses mother
- The Multimedia Group’s Adom brand ends Ghana month with colourful cultural display